Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/23/16 07:44 PM
C'mon, ya know you're tempted. It brings out both the Gypsy and the gambler in us all.

I'm gonna guess that Eddie Van Halen gets run over by Caitlyn Jenner. Wait, they're in 3's, right? OK, I'm gonna go with adding Leslie West, by choking, finally! Then I'm goin' with Lil' Wayne, not because of any gut feeling, just because there have gotta be tons of people who want to shoot him. It can't just be me!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/23/16 10:17 PM
Originally Posted By BobKay
Then I'm goin' with Lil' Wayne, not because of any gut feeling, just because there have gotta be tons of people who want to shoot him. It can't just be me!

You're not alone...
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/23/16 10:25 PM
The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police and Lil' Wayne.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/24/16 07:18 PM
It should be Keith Richards but I think he will probably outlast them all.

But I am going to say Ann Wilson while performing this summer at the Cape Cod Melody Tent. I think she ranks up their with the best, if you don't and need someone of a higher caliber, then Elton John is going to have a piano fall on top of him. A Yamaha piano.
Posted By: fredk Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/24/16 08:20 PM
Bob. Whatchu got against The Police?

Lapmy. He's way to well preserved. One day he'll just go into stasis and they'll reanimate him in 300 years. Tardigrades got nothin on him.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/24/16 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By fredk
Bob. Whatchu got against The Police?

Yeah Bob.
Posted By: MMM Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/24/16 11:39 PM
Sting can be rather a douche some times.. And some of their songs can go on and on and on and on and on add nasuium
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/25/16 01:15 AM
Peter Gabriel Sting, here in Detroit June 30th, will be an outstanding musical evening. Received as a Christmas gift, a package deal of Dinner at the top of the RenCen and Orchestra Pit seating for a performance of my choosing of the DSO.
Whoops, my bad, that's a different thread. Hijack!
Jeff
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/27/16 10:55 PM
Originally Posted By oakvillematt
Sting can be rather a douche some times.. And some of their songs can go on and on and on and on and on add nasuium

Totally! I bought all Police remasters. Listened to each once and thought, "Really? Not so much any more." Gone.

OK, being realistic, it ain't lookin' good for Joni, and David Crosby's 2nd liver is over 20 years old now. Charlie Watts and Ian Hunter are pushing 80 and Little Richard (a real pioneer!) is pushing 90. Whomever gets closest without going over wins. Maybe The Weekend's hair will get caught in a Ninja Nutri-Bullet? No, I mean really badly this time!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/28/16 07:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the lyrics didn't go "Rock, rock, rock and roll death pool."
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/29/16 12:35 AM
Anybody 27 and unstable?
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/29/16 03:49 PM
Originally Posted By pmbuko
I'm pretty sure the lyrics didn't go "Rock, rock, rock and roll death pool."

The Ramones! Good one! All gone.

Well, we were all blind-sided. Paul Kantner, guitarist of Jefferson Airplane died yesterday @ 74. He sure as hell wasn't on MY radar. Never a big Airplane fan.

This is gonna be a loooooooong thread. You were right, Tom! The next 10 years is gonna see them droppin' like Freys. Too soon?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/29/16 08:40 PM
Too soon?

Freyd so.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/29/16 09:04 PM
Nice.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/30/16 02:20 AM
Lemmy think about that.....
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/30/16 03:37 AM
Don't Bowie to the pressure.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/30/16 05:36 PM

www.ihopeidiebeforeigetold.com
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/30/16 07:20 PM
Oh, my.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/30/16 07:38 PM
Originally Posted By tomtuttle
Oh, my.

Enough with the "lions and tigers and bears" thing (and I'M the F.O.D. here)!

Tom, it's just an archive, not FanDuel for R & R deaths. Hey, now there's an idea.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/31/16 05:15 PM
I just noticed something very strange. I have multiple disc players around my house. One of them had The Labyrinth DVD and another had The Eagles ; Long Road Out of Eden, Disc 2 ((which I am astonished came out way back in 2007). Check out the last track if you are a Glenn Frey fan. He is saying goodbye.)) On top of the player was a Roger Water's CD with a guest vocal by Glenn.

With great trepidation, I hit the eject button on my last CD player in use to see who was in there: Sorry Mark Knopfler.

* My car CD player has Kraftwork. I hope they don't crash their tour bus.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/31/16 05:34 PM
You bastard!
Posted By: SBrown Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/31/16 06:05 PM
May not be a Rock Star but may be for some. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/ar...dhog-day/62994/

What does this mean!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/31/16 09:17 PM
Jimmy Bain ( bassist for Rainbow, Dio) passed while on a Def Leppard cruise recently
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 02/01/16 03:14 PM
Originally Posted By BBIBH
Jimmy Bain ( bassist for Rainbow, Dio) passed while on a Def Leppard cruise recently

Rock & Roll Star Embarrassing Death Pool.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 02/02/16 08:19 PM
Little Richard. frown
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 02/03/16 10:03 PM
Funny, we share the same birthday, but he is 20 years older than I am. I believe he's 82. Put your $$ on Chuck Berry, he's 89, but he's a major jerk, so he will live to be 100+.

Mr. Penniman (Little Richard) is simply ca-razee. And oh, so, awesome! The crackers to appear on TV with make-up in the 50's! Yeow! Next time you're on Spotifried, check out "The Girl Can't Help It." That IS R & R!
Posted By: AAAA Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 02/06/16 04:04 PM
Liked it. smile Thanks scarface.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 02/08/16 11:01 PM
Dan Hicks (Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks), at 74. I was such a fan of the 2 women singers, especially Naomi Ruth Eisenberg! I should Google her.

Boy, we're not scoring here at all, at all.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 02/10/16 07:10 PM
Every time I see a short, name-only, rock-star internet headline (like a highlighted link on FB) I get nervous. Today, I saw "Sammy Hagar" and thought, "oh no!". But it was just more recycled crap about speculation on a Van Hagar reunion.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 02/10/16 07:57 PM
I saw the same, and initially thought the same, tom!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 02/10/16 08:58 PM
Wow, my little thread has at least two of you "50-somethings" starting to get jittery. Funny how differently we each measure our own successes.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/09/16 03:05 PM
George Martin should count, right? He was 90.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/12/16 05:01 AM
Keith Emerson.

Ernestine Anderson.

I suppose every generation has this pain.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/12/16 12:24 PM
Keith Emerson, RIP. Sad, sad, sad.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/12/16 02:32 PM
Needless to say, he was an early idol of mine, as he was to all R & R keyboard players. He took the spotlight off of the guitarists, if even for a little while. A brilliant player.

Whoa! I just read how! He shot himself in the head, following depression from nerve problems in his right hand.

If I shot myself in the head every time I encountered a very serious medical problem that depressed me, then I guess I could have limited it to just that first problem, huh?
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/12/16 07:14 PM

That made me think, and I have to disagree, Tom, though not with any particularly strident feelings.

No generation before ours (boomers) propelled so many musicians, actors, artists, et al, to such heights of global fame and fortune. We MADE the record industry! Add that we were the first to be raised with TV, then the #'s of famous people we "know" is even bigger.

But back to music. In my parents' time, there were artists with a first and last name. The people who actually played the instruments and wrote the songs were not names they usually knew. When a big-band trombone player died, no one noticed.

Our artists were mostly bands AND writers, so there are 4 or 5 individual names we know for each "artist." That ups the #'s considerably.

Our parents were not fans of 100+ musical artists in their lifetimes. I had crashed through that number before I was 20, just like a lot of you.

We have put more people on pedestals than anyone before. That leads to lots of falling off said pedestals.

I can't believe the coincidence of starting this thread when I did. I had intended it to be more like DraftKings or FanDuel, only sans $$. Now, the recent spate has shown how impossible it is to guess.

(How often do you get to write "spate?" Really? And why is it so often preceded by a temporal adjective? You see, these are the real questions. To focus on other things is folly.)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/12/16 07:59 PM
I love you, Bob.
Posted By: fredk Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/13/16 06:33 PM

That made me think, and I have to disagree, Tom, though not with any particularly strident feelings.

No generation before ours (boomers) propelled so many musicians, actors, artists, et al, to such heights of global fame and fortune. We MADE the record industry! Add that we were the first to be raised with TV, then the #'s of famous people we "know" is even bigger....

We are also a generation fond of overestimating its importance, in this case expressed as its 'firstness'.
Quote:

(How often do you get to write "spate?" Really? And why is it so often preceded by a temporal adjective? You see, these are the real questions. To focus on other things is folly.)

Should we now brace ourselves for a spate of temporal adjectives?
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Tally - 03/13/16 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By fredk

We are also a generation fond of overestimating its importance, in this case expressed as its 'firstness.'

Should we now brace ourselves for a spate of temporal adjectives?

The first is not possible.

As for the 2nd, no, I've moved on. I'm now contemplating what lies in the middle of "soulful" and "soulless." What if one is certainly not full, but neither without? Souly, Soulish?

P.S. I had to change the thread tuttle, I mean title. It's happening too fast to see it as the competitive endeavor I had envisioned.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/13/16 06:59 PM
I love you, Bob.

At least you didn't use an emogee, which would have caused me to have to turn away.

Let me explain so others don't misinterpret. Tom has a tablet. He saves my posts for when he has to sit on the toilet. He gets laughage during his squattage. In other words, he only reads my crap when he's taking one of his own.

Now if THAT's not love, then I ask you...?

Edit: My shrink's been working in S. Africa for almost a month now. Let's all hope he can squeeze me in when he returns this week.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/16/16 01:34 AM
This is my favorite thread.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/17/16 11:02 PM
Agreed, Peter.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/18/16 10:04 PM
Gogi Grant was NOT R & R. She died last week at 90. What WAS significant about her biggest hit, "The Wayward Wind," is that, in 1956, it pushed Elvis' "Jailhouse Rock" out of Billboard's top spot. That makes her an indelible part of R & R history.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/06/16 09:40 PM
Merle Haggard doesn't count here. However, Gregg Allman was in a bad bus cash, but will be OK. Damn! He's been on my list for 40 years. Then again, so was everyone in that band. For a time there, it looked like they were trying to outdo Badfinger.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/08/16 04:49 PM
I've been really enjoying the Merle songs I've been listening to in the last 48 hours. Like you said, it doesn't count.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/10/16 04:11 PM
Indonesian pop singer, Irma Bule, who uses snakes in her performances, died shortly after being bitten by a King Cobra she accidentally stepped on while dancing.

She refused all treatment, even an on-the-spot antidote, because she wanted the show to go on. She tried, but collapsed and died in the hospital less than an hour later. She was 29.

Alice Cooper, bite me! Now THAT chick knows rock and roll. OK, knew.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/21/16 06:06 PM
OK, who had Prince? Winner winner chicken dinner!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/21/16 06:31 PM
Either that plane ride was really, really bad, or it's karma for his last two albums.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/21/16 07:28 PM
Just don't blame it on Iowa (where his plane had to land the other day)...
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/22/16 12:15 AM
Freakin' Iowa, man.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/22/16 12:40 AM
Originally Posted By MarkSJohnson
Freakin' Iowa, man.

Yeh, they took the big three in one sweep BB, BH and RV
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/22/16 01:01 AM
Originally Posted By MarkSJohnson
Freakin' Iowa, man.

Well, then fine. Let's blame it on Illinois! It was *technically* Moline, Illinois' airport...
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/22/16 02:22 PM
Lonnie Mack died yesterday as well.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/22/16 02:24 PM
I blame Mark.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/17/16 01:50 AM
I have been pondering who is in the same league with David Bowie and Prince. The only other person with their mojo that I can think of is Bruce Springsteen. How has he been feeling?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/17/16 04:05 PM
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Elton John, Joni Mitchell to name a few of the "older" ones. Seems we're most shocked by the unexpected ones though, like Glenn Frey or Prince for eg.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/17/16 07:31 PM
Sinead was reported "missing and suicidal" over the weekend (yawn), but I got my hopes up for nothing. They found her and the black Raleigh motorized bike with the pink basket in a Chicago suburb. Of course it was a suburb. IN the city, they cut bitches with pink baskets.

At the moment, Ozzy is missing, too, but he does that from time to time, even when he's home.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/18/16 02:03 AM
Nice one, Bob - you always deliver the goods. Sinead could have been a case study at my shrink conference this week.
Posted By: fredk Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/18/16 02:59 AM
Originally Posted By Adrian
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Elton John, Joni Mitchell to name a few of the "older" ones. Seems we're most shocked by the unexpected ones though, like Glenn Frey or Prince for eg.

Eric Clapton, Chick Corea (yes, there is music beyond rock/pop)...

Taylor Swift anyone?
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/23/16 12:19 PM
Nick Menza, former drummer for Megadeth, collapsed onstage and died during a concert this weekend...that is a rock'n'roll way to go
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/23/16 04:24 PM
He died because he was playing in a jazz trio. As if that weren't enough, their name was OHM.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/23/16 04:58 PM
As if that weren't enough, their name was OHM.

I guess resistance was futile, huh? Get it? Bob? Do you get it? smile
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/23/16 09:20 PM
I do, Mark, of course, but your levity underscores the gravity of the situation.

One never turns their back on the Rock Fame Gods. The punishments can be harsh. The only thing they hate more than turning to jazz is becoming Christian Hip Hop.

Wait! I forgot! There IS one worse: calling for the death of Salmon Rushdie! Cat Stevens is gonna get his, for sure.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/24/16 12:13 AM
Bob you need to relax, maybe try some meditation therapy...aaaahh...OHM....aaaahh...OHMMM.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/24/16 12:11 PM
Gord Downie has terminal brain cancer frown The (Tragically) Hip are still going ahead and touring this summer regardless...like I said, it's the unexpected that shocks the most. I hope a miracle happens for him, God willing.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/24/16 08:02 PM
That's too bad. I'm sorry to hear that.

At least we know he won't suffer the additional indignity of being back-stab replaced by Axl Rose. Axl hasn't gotten the knife returned yet from Brian, unless Angus still has it.
Posted By: fredk Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 06/13/16 02:01 AM
Is Clapton next?
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 06/29/16 08:08 PM
Scotty Moore - the guitarist who help change everything....RIP
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 08/21/16 03:47 PM
Matt Roberts, formerly of 3 Doors Down. 38. Prescription OD.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 10/12/16 05:43 PM
He doesn't really belong here. However, if Dylan died, most of us'd sure include him here. So, it is in that spirit that I include this.

Leonard Cohen, 82, says he is "ready to die," in a recent "New Yorker" profile. He isn't sick or anything, just tired of being old and eager to rejoin his wife, who passed last year.

I didn't know, ever, that he was Canadian. That doesn't change anything. I've liked lots and lots of Northern talent. Never cared about origins. As a folk singer/writer, he's always been # 2, as I dislike Dylan more.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 10/13/16 03:25 PM
That's odd. I dis him one day, and we find out the very next day he won a Nobel Prize. I totally agree and understand completely, really. I still can't listen to him.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 11/13/16 08:16 PM
Leon Russell, R.I.P.
Posted By: fredk Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 11/13/16 08:36 PM
Saw that last night. I didn't know he was Dylan's keyboard player.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 11/13/16 08:51 PM
He played with EVERYONE! For decades!

I should have noted it when it actually happened earlier this week, but I DID tell you that Leonard Cohen was ready to die.

No one else was ever able to take that already-dismal Dylan sound and re-make it into a funerary dirge quite like he did. Almost every artist on tour this week around the world did a version of "Hallelujah" in their set.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 11/18/16 12:38 AM
That song makes me want to gouge out my eardrums.
Posted By: onn Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 11/18/16 01:32 AM
That song makes me want to gouge out my eardrums.

Don't beat around the bush Tom. Tell us how you really feel!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 11/18/16 02:43 PM
I was never a fan of Cohen, but went with my wife to see him - we had 2nd row seats, had an opportunity to get very close to him and watch his interactions with the band and crowd. I gained a new respect for him.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 11/18/16 09:21 PM
Tom, lol!!! Mike, I understand how a live encounter can completely change one's mind about an artist. However, see if you can make it all the way through the film, "McCabe and Mrs. Miller?"

Imagine it's the 1850's in the American west. There's a miner's tent camp. The sun never comes out. It rains most of the time. Everything is covered in mud. And you're a prostitute. Now make the entire soundtrack Leonard Cohen. Free razor blades and a 3 gallon bucket with each ticket.

As long as I stay away from all public and college radio this weekend, I oughtta make it past the memorializations alive.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 12/08/16 09:09 PM
ELP

R.I.P. Greg Lake at 69.
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 12/08/16 09:41 PM
frown
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 12/26/16 12:19 AM
First Prince, now George Michael?! ("Peacefully, at home") @ 53.

Always liked the video/song "Freedom," among others.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 12/26/16 02:56 PM
Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt passed Dec 24 2016 aged 68. This band laid a foundation for rock and roll in the 1970's.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/25/17 05:02 PM
Butch Trucks, founding member and drummer for the Allman Brothers Band died in his sleep Jan 25 2017 at age 69.

Loved the band...amazing songs, great lyrics and legendary jam sessions.
Posted By: MMM Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/27/17 08:37 PM
i think the news reports on Butch Trucks say he dies of different circumstances
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/29/17 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By MatManBobbleHead
i think the news reports on Butch Trucks say he dies of different circumstances

Yes, I saw the initial report which was as i posted, but the actual cause of death is even more tragic....
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/31/17 08:33 PM
John Wetton at 67. Bad past few months for prog bass players.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/31/17 09:16 PM
Geoff Nichols at 68.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/19/17 11:39 AM
Chuck Berry - Dead at 90.

RIP
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/20/17 09:47 PM
Blues harmonica legend James Cotton. This shit is depressing.
Posted By: alan Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 03/22/17 02:44 PM
Not just depressing. Unseemly and macabre.

Cheers,
Alan
Posted By: MMM Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/12/17 01:52 AM
Another one kicks the bucket. J. Geils, the lead guitarist and founder of J. Geils Band passed this Tuesday April 11. a press release that a preliminary investigation "indicates that Geils died of natural causes."
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 04/12/17 02:52 AM
A sad day indeed. There is no such thing as gravity the earth sux.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/18/17 11:27 AM
Chris Cornell, lead singer for Soundgarden and Audioslave aged 52
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/18/17 04:07 PM
Originally Posted By alan
Not just depressing. Unseemly and macabre.

Cheers,
Alan

Alan, it was SUPPOSED to be those things, as it was meant as a "prediction" thread, like Vegas odds. It has become merely an obit listing now. Sorry I failed.

Early reports are that Chris may have done himself in. Kurt is gone, Layne is gone. If that report is accurate, then Eddie Vedder better watch out.

Now THAT'S unseemly and macabre, I hope.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/18/17 04:26 PM

Early reports are that Chris may have done himself in. Kurt is gone, Layne is gone. If that report is accurate, then Eddie Vedder better watch out.

Yes, Scott Weiland is also gone (in 2015), seems the grunge movement left as quickly as it came in...
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/18/17 09:41 PM
Hey, Mike! You're becoming like my aged relatives---I only see you at funerals. Hope you're well and life is pissah!

(You know, I never got the Pearl-Jam-imitator slamming that STP was the brunt of. I never considered them grunge. Their music reflected a much broader range of influences from deep R & R history. I split the Seattle ticket down the middle; yay on AIC and Nirvana, far less for Soundgarden and PJ. Loved Chris C. Not so much Eddie.)

See, I didn't say anything bad about the dead ones.

BTW, in no Chris Cornell story today did it mention he wrote the intro song to a James Bond movie. That's McCartney territory and was a big deal at the time.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/18/17 09:49 PM
Shitty. That sucks. I loved soundgarden. Superunknown was a big part of my teenage years.

Everyone should listen to "the day I tried to live" on this day of Chris's death. Rest well wierd beard.

Horns up.

Oh yeah, hi Bob
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/19/17 01:51 AM
Just read the lyrics while listening to that song. He was not in a happy place, or at least whoever wrote the song. These grunge guys -all seem so tragic,no a happy lot. Still a great loss, another great gone .
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/27/17 08:27 PM
Greg Allman, at, you guessed it, 69.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Passings - 05/27/17 11:14 PM
There.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/29/17 02:32 PM
Hey, Mike! You're becoming like my aged relatives---I only see you at funerals.

Hey Bob, great to see you again, but we must stop meeting at these events. Too bad about (insert name here), gone way before their time.

Hope you're well and life is pissah!

Yes, life is great, hope yours is as well!

Greg Allman, at, you guessed it, 69.

I guess the Allman Brothers have been reunited, and imagine the party!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 05/29/17 08:24 PM
Mike, glad your are pissah! It's not the party, it's the "after party of eternity" that should be pretty good. Are there free chix, booze, and drugs in heaven? It might restore my faith. Gotta be why they're all dying at 69.

Have a great summer, Mike. Hey, Trevor!
Posted By: CV Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/16/18 05:17 AM
Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies suddenly aged 46

Way too young. This is a big one for me. The Cranberries were the first band I really got into. I listened to their first two albums almost non-stop for years. Sorry to see you go so early, Dolores.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool - 01/16/18 12:04 PM
Fast Eddie Clarke, the last remaining member of the Ace of Spades version of Motorhead. This was a rebellious album from my youth.
© Axiom Message Boards