Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lampshade A Bowie Medley at the Grammy Awards? - 02/17/16 01:05 PM
Good grief. I Only made it 1/3 of the way through. Lady Gaga is a good singer but this was dumb. Whoever put this together doesn't understand Bowie at all.

Ben Stiller and Kristen Wiig get Bowie right in Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

Kurt got Bowie right.

Bowie got Bowie right and then moved on. Then did it again.

I'm not sure what Gaga did, but she didn't get it right.
Posted By: BobKay Re: A Bowie Medley at the Grammy Awards? - 02/18/16 06:27 PM
I agree, Chris, it was kinda all over the place; hectic, and the segues were weird and forced. However, unlike many of her peers, she remained in tune throughout, and Adelle wasn't the only who didn't.

Lamar Kendrick's band was amazing, as was his entire 4 minutes. Neither the music nor the message was my thing, but...
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: A Bowie Medley at the Grammy Awards? - 02/19/16 07:47 AM
I was kind of developing some appreciation for Gaga as as result of the Tony Bennett collaboration work and the Super Bowl anthem. But that was one of the most hideously conceived numbers I've ever seen.
Posted By: Ajax Re: A Bowie Medley at the Grammy Awards? - 02/19/16 11:06 AM
I'm with you, Tom. Gaga has an amazing voice and can really use it well when she choses, but.....
Posted By: Adrian Re: A Bowie Medley at the Grammy Awards? - 02/19/16 04:14 PM
Come on you guys, it's the Grammy's, nothing to do with music.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: A Bowie Medley at the Grammy Awards? - 02/19/16 07:51 PM
I thought her tribute was far better than Lamar's....which is not saying much as I did not enjoy his segment in the least....
Posted By: Ajax Re: A Bowie Medley at the Grammy Awards? - 02/21/16 10:34 AM
Originally Posted By Adrian
Come on you guys, it's the Grammy's, nothing to do with music.

AMEN!
Posted By: Lampshade Re: A Bowie Medley at the Grammy Awards? - 02/21/16 05:21 PM
Nothing to do with music. Yes. That performance was a commercial for Intel.
© Axiom Message Boards