Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MMM what price to put onto used speakers? - 05/26/16 01:34 AM
I know that Axiom has a trade up offer and I got my price for the speakers. but the down side to the trade up is that you can't use that against a pair of speakers in the b-stock.

So it can be cost effective to sell your speakers privately and buy from the 'b'.

How would you price Axiom speakers if you were trying to sell privately? On some of the boards i have seen people pricing within dollars if not higher that what is currently listed on the site here.. and most times they are for several generations back.

Would you split the difference between what was offered for trade in and what you have seen them sell on the deals section here? Would you add in a buffer knowing that people like to haggle? Would you just lick your wounds and trade in for no hassle and hey 'Axiom needs to make a dollar too'
For me the most important thing is the time factor. If you can afford to buy what you want and hang on until yours sell that is the way I would go. Shipping can kill you if your selling M80's which are damn heavy so that's an advantage you have working with Axiom ,they get great rates.Start high , you can always go down in price but not up . I would use the deals section as a guide for sure and look up what you paid for them . The difference between B stock and full price will probly be the same as having to ship them so you may just want to bite the bullet and trade them in. Did they give you the trade in value ,you will probly get 10% more selling them privately.

Richard
© Axiom Message Boards