Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MMM what did Pink Floyd say - 01/13/17 01:55 AM
I run and I run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking. Chasing around to come up behind me again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but I'm older, shorter of breath and one year closer to death.

God I hate birthdays!
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: what did Pink Floyd say - 01/13/17 04:25 AM
I hear ya matt, older I get the less I like em . But it hurts when no one acknowledges it either, go figure. Those are great lyrics.

HAPPY BDAY
Posted By: bridgman Re: what did Pink Floyd say - 01/13/17 10:02 AM
You have to be careful to pick the right tracks on your birthday:

Quote:
Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves in labyrinths of coral caves
The echo of a distant tide
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine

Just stay away from "Free Four" (from Obscured by Clouds) whatever you do.
Posted By: bridgman Re: what did Pink Floyd say - 01/13/17 12:14 PM
Oh, and "Happy Birthday !!" smile
Posted By: MMM Re: what did Pink Floyd say - 01/14/17 01:01 PM
For me it's just another day in the procession of life. Bridgman, thanks for warning me about that one.. don't think i could have taken that song with the day that i had. Just really glad i was not born one day later as that could have done me in on the luck side of things.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: what did Pink Floyd say - 01/14/17 06:26 PM
Friday the 13th is my lucky day. I say pooh to all the superstitious people out there , you make your own luck. Sorry to hear the day wasn't all you were hoping, if its any consolation my bday sux as well LOL
Posted By: bridgman Re: what did Pink Floyd say - 01/14/17 09:21 PM
Originally Posted By MatManBobbleHead
Bridgman, thanks for warning me about that one.. don't think i could have taken that song with the day that i had.

It never hurts to keep an antidote handy. Just listen to the Atom Heart Mother suite, preferably one of the live performances. There was a really good early Pink Floyd performance on YouTube but I can't find it right now, so here's a great cover band performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtldnhbjmEs

You can skip the first minute or so, it's just the noodly bits smile
Posted By: fredk Re: what did Pink Floyd say - 01/18/17 08:12 AM
Originally Posted By bridgman
Originally Posted By MatManBobbleHead
Bridgman, thanks for warning me about that one.. don't think i could have taken that song with the day that i had.

It never hurts to keep an antidote handy. Just listen to the Atom Heart Mother suite, preferably one of the live performances. There was a really good early Pink Floyd performance on YouTube but I can't find it right now, so here's a great cover band performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtldnhbjmEs

You can skip the first minute or so, it's just the noodly bits smile

I love Pink Floyd, but I've always found Atom Heart Mothers a tough listen.
Posted By: fredk Re: what did Pink Floyd say - 01/18/17 08:14 AM
And, happy birthday Matt. I personally stopped celebrating years ago.
© Axiom Message Boards