Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Saturn Some wanted to see the lowly Infocus X1 - 10/11/03 05:07 AM
Well it took me so long to get a decent shot of the Infocus X1 in action. It is sold at the very low price of $999 USD which is cheaper than a 36" inch Sony Grand Wega. It still doesn't show how really good the picture quality is but it is getting closer. The first set of pictures I took was definitely washed out. I need to learn to take dark room shots from my Canon S400.

http://www.spacelofts.com/x1/

Saturn
Projectors are such a hard thing to get a good picture of. If you have a perfectly dark room, you cant tell how large the picture actually is. If you start letting light into the room, the picture starts going downhill just a bit.

The X1 is an awesome projector, my room was not "big enough" for it. At the distance it would have been from the screen, I only would have got a 70" picture.

I notice all your images are 16:9 but you have a 4:3 screen. Do you ever use 4:3? I have a Draper Luma 92" 16x9 never used if you are interested.

Posted By: Saturn Re: Some wanted to see the lowly Infocus X1 - 10/11/03 03:59 PM
That screen is a temp one used for my rental place. When my new place is done in April I will get a custom Da-lite Hipower with custom thickness borders (suggested by Sushi). That will have to wait till I move in to get proper dimensions. I do use 4:3 through the Viewsonic video processor that re-scales cable TV to 800x600. Thanks for the offer.
Posted By: sushi Re: Some wanted to see the lowly Infocus X1 - 10/11/03 09:05 PM
Front projection rules!!! HAHAHA...
Saturn, i think you left out your speaker stand brands from your otherwise thorough component list.
They look very nice. Shot loaded?
Posted By: Saturn Re: Some wanted to see the lowly Infocus X1 - 10/12/03 02:22 AM
Thanks Chess. Just updated the site with Mission "Stance" stands filled with Playground Sand from Toys'R'Us. Its clean and nice and heavy when filled.

Check it out in 2-3 weeks. Theres gonna be a big change. Sonically too

Saturn
© Axiom Message Boards