Axiom Home Page
Posted By: JimmyTango axiom cable question - 10/23/03 07:02 PM
I was looking at the speaker cables, and I was nto sure if you are ordering a pair, or just one? Anyone know? I wanted to order 9 feet of the speakers cable, I noticed it is not specified as a pair or not.

Thanks.
Posted By: alan Re: axiom cable question - 10/23/03 07:16 PM
Hi JimmyTango,

The Axiom speaker cables are individually priced, so, for stereo, you'd need two 9-foot lengths, at $59 each x two, which, according to my ancient solar-powered calculator, would total $118, shipping included.

Regards,
Posted By: pmbuko Re: axiom cable question - 10/23/03 07:26 PM
You didn't really have to use a calculator for that, didya?
Posted By: JimmyTango Re: axiom cable question - 10/23/03 09:28 PM
I figured it was single, but didn't want to end up with extra cable I wouldn't need, so I had to make sure.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: axiom cable question - 10/24/03 02:44 AM
holy cow. the cables are WAYY more expensive than i though. heck. they dont seem THAT great.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: axiom cable question - 10/24/03 03:50 AM
gulp...wow. I though those prices were for a pair of speaker cables. Damn.

That means a 12' pair of cables is $130? To quote Chris Farley - "Holy Shnikes!"
Posted By: MiniRock Re: axiom cable question - 10/24/03 07:11 AM
The price seems fair IMO. Not the least expensive, but not overpriced AQ either (again IMO).

Alan- Any idea when the "banana" adapter will be available for the speaker cables? TIA
Posted By: Haoleb Re: axiom cable question - 10/24/03 05:21 PM
Heck. i only paid 79 bucks for a pair of 8' Type 4's

And you can get Slate for the prices of the axiom cables when its on sale
Posted By: MiniRock Re: axiom cable question - 10/24/03 11:06 PM
Are you implying that AQ is better? I own 3 6' Mammoth Cables (L/C/R), 3 6' Gibralter cables (L/C/R), and 2 50' Slate Cables for the rears. The Mammoth was about 130 ea. and the Slate & Gibralter were both 50% off. also use AQ in the rest of my gear (VSD-4, YIQ-4, Viper interconnects & sub). Personally I like the Mammoth cables better, but I'm always on the lookout for a great "bang for the buck" budget cable, and IMO the Axiom line falls within that catagory. I would love to give those a shot in my or my wifes setup.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: axiom cable question - 10/24/03 11:45 PM
In reply to:

Are you implying that AQ is better?

No..

But there doesnt seem to be anything SPECIAL about the axiom cables that seem bettter. Hey, at least the AQ is Long grain copper! ;D

I dont blame axiom for making them soo expensive. If people will buy them Heck! why not! It just doesnt seem like from the description for what you get its worth the price. Sure the jacket looks nice but if it meant 50 bucks more i could go without it. (if that were the case)
Posted By: BigWill Re: axiom cable question - 10/24/03 11:50 PM
Ouch! I think I'll keep using Crappo Copper (TM) and use the savings to pop for some M3s in high gloss birdseye maple. I'll bet those sure would be purty!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: axiom cable question - 10/25/03 03:04 AM
When I first read your post I thought you said

"... and use the savings to pop for some MP3s in high gloss birdseye maple."

Man they have some weird names for music compression schemes....
Posted By: BigWill Re: axiom cable question - 10/25/03 03:52 AM
Either it's the wine or sleep deprivation, but I keep screwing up all over the place - and you're making no sense whatsoever (or am I making no sense of you whatsoever?). You're the one expecting a baby right?...Muwahahaha...
Just caught it. "M3s". Watch out when that baby comes - the lack of sleep does weird things to you. I actually did get in trouble at work for running off at the mouth! ME! Imagine that.
© Axiom Message Boards