Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ray3 Sad News - Ajax - 08/01/17 12:25 AM
Hello to all of my old friends at Axiom. It has been awhile since I last posted here.

I was informed early this evening that our good and great friend Jack Richard (Ajax) has passed.

Some background. Jack had a double lung transplant last January at age 71. This was necessary because he had a lung disease that, if left untreated, would eventually take his life.

The transplant went very well and the lungs had functioned beautifully since day one. The downside is the myriad of other issues that began to manifest and combined to take his life. There is no need to enumerate those issues here. Suffice it to say that Jack kept fighting those issues constantly until yesterday (he was found today).

He appears to have died very peacefully in his sleep of natural causes.

I met Jack on this forum in 2005 and he became one of the best friends I have ever had. I wanted to let you know the news because he regarded the Axiom forum and his friends here as family. He was gracious, giving and patient - always willing to help.

When I find out the arrangements, I will post them here.

R.I.P. Jack. I miss you, my good friend.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/01/17 12:29 AM
Most of the old-timers here knew Jack as the great Patriarch of this forum. Soft, but well-spoken. Always a kind word and helpful attitude to others.

I, too, will miss you Jack.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/01/17 01:17 AM
Some of the best times of my life included gathering with Jack and other forum members in Dwight and in Cleveland. He taught me a lot. He made my life better. I felt honored to be his friend. He was a good man, and I am deeply saddened to lose him.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/01/17 01:31 AM
Posted By: craigsub Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/01/17 02:37 AM
There are no words to describe how much I will miss Jack. He was a guiding force in so many ways, and a wonderful source of advice.

Rest well, old friend. You deserve it.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/01/17 03:24 AM
I am known to be a many of many words on a lot of occasions, but in times like this, I am at a loss for words. Jack will be missed for sure.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/01/17 04:59 AM
Ray, we appreciate you informing us of this utterly sad news. We got to know Jack over the years here as a kind and understanding man who was somewhat of a rarity as audio board members go.

Rest in the arms of the Lord, Jack.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/01/17 12:58 PM
Very sad.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/01/17 05:11 PM
Wow....so sad. I remember the Axiom anniversary celebration and having a few spirited discussions with Jack....

RIP
Posted By: CV Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/02/17 05:32 AM
I didn't have a lot of interaction with him, but every exchange I had made my life better. How many people can you say that about? Very sad news.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/02/17 09:29 PM
I am speechless. Jack was very thoughtful, kind, funny and witty amongst many other wonderful things. I'm very sad to hear this because I thought I'd meet him again someday, but I feel blessed to have met him a few years ago along with many others at the Axiom Bash. The world needs more "Jacks"...that, I know for sure.

God bless you Jack.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/03/17 06:13 AM
Sad indeed. There's a nice picture montage on Facebook - he had a wonderful life, it seemed.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/03/17 10:39 PM
RIP my friend!
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/06/17 09:53 PM

Rest in peace! The music is better up there.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/07/17 06:28 AM
Originally Posted By 2x6spds

Rest in peace! The music is better up there.

No reflections...
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/13/17 03:27 PM
I am shattered by this news. It's so sad.

I first "met" Jack on these forums when I purchased a Harmony remote from him over 12 years ago. I'll never forget him telling me to send the money AFTER I had received it; just to make sure that I really liked it. We eventually did come face to face at Dwight, seems like yesterday.

He was there for me when my mother and wife passed...what I am trying to say is that my life was certainly better from knowing this man.

Enough of my ramblings RTP my friend.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Sad News - Ajax - 08/18/17 05:43 PM
Indeed sad news. A proliferous poster on these forums and huge audiophile.
I'll always regret having accidentally left that steak in his rental car, or was it Ray's?

R.I.P.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Sad News - Ajax - 09/24/17 07:56 PM
This is very sad news. RIP Jack.
Posted By: onn Re: Sad News - Ajax - 10/02/17 12:18 AM
Rest in Peace Jack frown
Posted By: norap Another Rocker gone - 10/02/17 09:49 PM
We have lost another of our Rock and Roll greats. Tom Petty has passed. Getting to be so few of the great ones I grew up with left. RIP
Posted By: Wid Re: Another Rocker gone - 12/13/17 07:38 PM

Haven't checked in in a while. This is very sad news indeed frown
Posted By: LT61 Re: Sad News - Ajax - 12/31/17 05:05 PM
Sad news, indeed. I remember him well, when I used to be a semi-regular here. In fact, I have never forgotten a reply he made to me, when I posted about being off the boards for a while...to move from Florida, to Illinois "back to my home town" He replied: "You can never go home, again" Well, even though that was not my intention...his words haunted me. I think, perhaps... a tiny part of me did try to go back home. Interesting how much impact a few words can make. I will say this, Jack...one day, we ALL will get to finally, go home. God bless.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Sad News - Ajax - 01/11/18 03:41 PM
I still think about Jack almost every day. Miss you, Buddy.
© Axiom Message Boards