Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Newf Black Friday - 11/07/17 05:20 PM
come on Black Friday, Daddy needs a new set of speakers!
Posted By: MMM Re: Black Friday - 11/07/17 06:06 PM
But as Axion is a web based company, should you not be waiting for the CyberMonday??
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Black Friday - 11/07/17 09:39 PM
Black Friday email just went out a little bit ago. At least I got one. I know that some people have stated that they don't always get the emails from Axiom, so your mileage may vary.
Posted By: Newf Re: Black Friday - 11/08/17 12:50 PM
Yeah I got the email on my way home from Work last night. I had a good chuckle at it.
Posted By: Newf Re: Black Friday - 11/08/17 05:49 PM
So I ordered another set of on wall m3's for my atmos. Thanks for the sale Axiom. But with the recent price increases and even with all the speakers I have from them I only get 7% loyalty discount, I still paid more for this set than I did a few months back on the exact same model. So while I obviously appreciate any discount it's not the most attractive Black Friday sale they've had.

Anyways, more toys on the way. I'll finally have proper 7.2.4 now. I always felt 5.2.4 was missing something.
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: Black Friday - 11/10/17 05:06 PM
Newf - please help me understand how you are paying more for the M3 with $100 off and 7% discount?
Posted By: Newf Re: Black Friday - 11/12/17 06:48 PM
factory outlet cost in July was 274 Canadian each. $150 Canada day coupon. Total 457.70 with my taxes.

This order, 301 each. $100 coupon + 7% loyalty, came to 158$ off. I had to purchase an accessory to get over the 610 mark in order for coupon to work ($500 US, but $610 Canadian?!?) at $37 (speaker legs I could use) , total came to 552. 552 - 37 = 515. That's $58 more than the same speakers 4 months ago not including the small difference the 7% on the $37 accessory made to total $158 discount. So probably $60 more. Price increases.

Or forget all that,take away the discounts and 301-274=27 times two 54+tax = $62

Clearly the loyalty discount is dollar based, not number of speakers based lol. I can't complain, Ian has been very good to me over the years. Sadly my next speakers will not be Axiom as I want to put a small atmos system in my living room and I can't use ceiling speakers, so I need the wedge design a certain other brand uses that mounts in the corner of the ceiling/wall. The rest of that room is already all on walls Axiom's.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Black Friday - 11/13/17 11:52 PM
I was waiting for "Black Friday" to get the new DENON AVRX4400H, but I very luckily found it on sale yesterday at Gibby's for $1499! I can't wait to receive it and get it hooked up. The Pioneer Elite that's currently in my setup, suddenly kicked the bucket in the summer. There is a free repair program up for the Pioneer SC-127k available because Pioneer/Onkyo have acknowledged a faulty board which leads to early failure, but that receiver was released in 2012, so I'm due for an upgrade. I can control some features via voice commands through my Amazon Echo, so that will be very helpful.
Posted By: Newf Re: Black Friday - 11/14/17 12:28 AM
You will like the 4400. I have had the 4000, 4100, and 4300. I use them as pre-amps They are nice. Of course this means you need ATMOS now so start saving for in ceiling M3's! I'm using them in mine, they have aimable tweeters!

Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: Black Friday - 11/16/17 04:02 PM
Ah, newf- I thought you were comparing the base price on the product, not including the Canadian discount! I don't get the Canadian discount here in NY..... wink

Originally Posted By Newf
factory outlet cost in July was 274 Canadian each. $150 Canada day coupon. Total 457.70 with my taxes.

This order, 301 each. $100 coupon + 7% loyalty, came to 158$ off. I had to purchase an accessory to get over the 610 mark in order for coupon to work ($500 US, but $610 Canadian?!?) at $37 (speaker legs I could use) , total came to 552. 552 - 37 = 515. That's $58 more than the same speakers 4 months ago not including the small difference the 7% on the $37 accessory made to total $158 discount. So probably $60 more. Price increases.

Or forget all that,take away the discounts and 301-274=27 times two 54+tax = $62

Clearly the loyalty discount is dollar based, not number of speakers based lol. I can't complain, Ian has been very good to me over the years. Sadly my next speakers will not be Axiom as I want to put a small atmos system in my living room and I can't use ceiling speakers, so I need the wedge design a certain other brand uses that mounts in the corner of the ceiling/wall. The rest of that room is already all on walls Axiom's.
© Axiom Message Boards