Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Axiom Car Audio - 12/16/17 11:47 PM
Axiom really needs to get into car audio speakers. I for one am so very tired of these cheap chinese built speakers failing randomly, and they are not cheap to replace. I like the sound of my polks but at 400 a set and no replacement drivers if one fails it really is a sad situation. Ian, how bout it, some nice aluminum basket 6.5 inch hp drivers with a seperate tweeter ie component set.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/17/17 02:34 AM
You should not listen to speakers in a car. A car is nothing but a tin box.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/17/17 03:14 AM
Heres a few good reasons to listen to music in the car. It keeps me calm so i dont run people off the road and then punch them out. Cabin gain gives you bass that is expensive to get in your house plus it keeps the neighbors from comingover and punching me out LOL. I can play it as loud as i want and no one cares.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/17/17 03:30 AM
I am glad you have a good defense for your love of car audio. I never listen casually. Professionals from multiple disciplines have dedicated their lives to bring me the audio and I show them the ultimate respect by dedicating myself to their work. The Evil Dead will drag you to the darkest pits of audio hell and make you listen to AM radio via the Amazon Echo while locked up in a tuna can.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/17/17 03:59 AM
Long live MP3 grin
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/17/17 04:13 AM
Recorded at 8 bits per second no less!
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/17/17 04:28 AM
my hearing only runs at 4 bps so it twice as good as i need
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/17/17 04:28 AM
How about an Axiom Air on the back deck? ha!

Gives you a pair of M3s in a fairly compact package...

TAM
Posted By: real80sman Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/27/17 04:54 AM
It's funny that you bring this up. I was on the phone with Ian about 2 months ago, discussing the purchase of raw drivers to put into my car. He mentioned that I could now buy replacement Axiom parts directly off the website. Unfortunately, I've been working 12 to 13 hour days since October, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I will say that throwing my Algonquin M3's into the passenger foot well, with a true 150 watts feeding each, sounds freakin' amazing!! They are so much smoother and natural than any car speaker I have ever owned. Having said that, the separation and soundstage with both of them together in the foot well is not good.
Also, I'm wondering how much of the cabinet played a part in what I was hearing......
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/27/17 05:34 AM
I guess i could pull a 6.5 out of my M80 and how it sounds. I have components and i am not sure the thiele small parameters would be correct for use in open air rather than a full size cabinet.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/27/17 06:24 AM
Found it: http://www.axiomaudio.com/service-parts
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/27/17 07:13 AM
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Axiom Car Audio - 12/27/17 07:13 AM
Great prices too
© Axiom Message Boards