Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 04:01 AM
Suppose you bought some speakers and upon arrival the woofer in one of them is noisy. You call the seller and they offer to send you a new driver but you decline. You say you want to return them for a different set from a different manufacturer because you dont like the speakers. Now who should pay the shipping ? the buyer because he is changing brands or the seller because one speaker is defective.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 04:11 AM
Do you want a fair or just judgment?

For a fair judgment, I invoke the judgment of Solomon. Each pays half.

For a just judgment, look at what the contract states for returns.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 04:33 AM
This is based on a thread in another forum and really people using the internet as their personal crying towel really incenses
me. I have read the sellers policies so i know how it should play out but it amazes me that many people think the seller is out of line.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 04:56 AM
I can't stand it when people use the internet as their personal crying towel. Do you hear me? I don't like it. I can't stand it. Ooooomph!
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 05:05 AM
i hope you not implying anything. I dont cry, i do whine a bit when im having a liberal moment .Thats why i live up north, when i am being a snowflake i can survive its too cold to melt down.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 05:10 AM
I am simply showing you how I can switch from a mature, intelligent, thought-provoking adult to an immature, childish, insolent teen in the span of two posts. smile
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 05:10 AM
Only -21c atm
Posted By: Mojo Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 05:14 AM
Oymyakon: -60C earlier this week.

Another post going non-linear. Richard, it's all your fault!
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 05:21 AM
Originally Posted By Mojo
I am simply showing you how I can switch from a mature, intelligent, thought-provoking adult to an immature, childish, insolent teen in the span of two posts. smile

YOur child like behavior has not gone unnoticed. I have 3 boys nothing you can say will hurt my feelings or unnerve me. I have 3 exes there is no kryptonite that works on me.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 05:32 AM
Three exes. OMG! So sorry. I'll never tease you again...unless you want me to. smile
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 05:53 AM
No worries i have a strong back, climb aboard LOL. they all gone and dont bug me anymore.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 06:02 AM
Alrighty then. It's my turn to bug you. smile
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 06:03 AM
You havent stopped since u got here.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 06:10 AM
This just got weird lol
Posted By: Mojo Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 06:37 AM
Stop it you guys. I'm gonna bust a 'nad from all the laughing.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 09:34 AM
The seller should pay. The buyer should follow return instructions and move on with life. smile Internet companies are hurt by even one negative review, so they are at at the mercy of their customers to keep them happy. No matter how silly the customer is.

The unfortunate norm is using reviews/forums to complain. Most people are moved to action when unhappy. So if you find a product with a lot of good reviews its probably outstanding. It always amazes me when I see a product with 90% 5 star reviews and a few 1 star reviews. I think "who are these people."

"The sidewalk was too hard." 1 star. Lol.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 01/31/18 10:27 PM
Originally Posted By Mojo
I can switch from a mature, intelligent, thought-provoking adult to an immature, childish, insolent teen in the span of two posts. smile

Hold on just one sec. Anyone else notice something wrong with that sentence? cool
Posted By: Mojo Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 02/01/18 10:13 PM
Originally Posted By Socketman
Suppose you bought some speakers and upon arrival the woofer in one of them is noisy. You call the seller and they offer to send you a new driver but you decline. You say you want to return them for a different set from a different manufacturer because you dont like the speakers. Now who should pay the shipping ? the buyer because he is changing brands or the seller because one speaker is defective.

I don't know if this complaint was about Axiom but all I can say is I've had nothing but the best support. I've been a customer for 11 years, and I haven't been the easiest customer, but Axiom has always tried to retain and earn my business.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 02/02/18 04:06 AM
oh hell no, its something on another forum and the guy bought speakers and one is making a noise but he wouldnt replace the driver himself. Then he said he wanted to return them and buy a different pair from another manufacturer and expects the vendor to pay the shipping for return.The way i see it, the vendor really only is responsible for one of the speakers and ideally the buyer would install the driver. Seriously who cant put ina speaker driver, if you cant your a failure at life in general. Anywho, this buyer i feel is being unreasonable and honestly if you read the TOS on the website at Accessories4less its pretty clear he didnt read them and or didnt understand them.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 02/02/18 04:14 AM
Originally Posted By Socketman
Seriously who cant put ina speaker driver, if you cant your a failure at life in general.

Hee hee...
Posted By: bridgman Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 02/02/18 10:50 AM
I can understand how people might not feel they can replace a speaker driver even when given tools & support - it's one of the reasons I moved out of the city, because the idea of people like that raising children made me despair - but even so the vendor would only be responsible for returning and replacing one speaker as "cost of support".

One could argue that shipping one speaker both ways costs the same as shipping both speakers one way, but in the first case the vendor would still have the sale.

I see two workable options:

1. If the driver is truly defective then vendor pays for return shipping; if not then customer pays. Practically this means customer pays up front and vendor refunds if the driver is found to be defective.

2. Split the difference - customer and vendor each pay half. Rationale here is that one speaker is being "returned as defective" while the other is being returned "because customer changed their mind".

The second option seems both simpler and easier to explain.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Speaker return (Hypothetical) - 02/02/18 03:28 PM
I think a good compromise would be split the return shipping. There is also a clause that says they can send it to be repaired which could mean someone local takes the speaker and replaces the driver then the buyer has a complete set of speakers. But the buyer didnt seem to want the speaker anyway which would mean he returns them on his dime plus loses the cost of the original shipping. Free shipping is never free,its a lie and impossible.
as an addendum , the only reason i brought this up is becasue the buyers motives were clear from the get go that he didnt want the speakers regardless of the fact one driver was noisy. Basically wanted to return them on the sellers dime. I just wasnt raised like that,i guess it just generational differences .
© Axiom Message Boards