Axiom Home Page
Posted By: brwsaw Fear maybe? - 06/15/19 06:42 AM
Several years ago, about the time I purchased my first axiom gear, I sold custom modular homes into a niche market and things were pretty good for a while. We banked a fair bit of cash, bought a nice home, etc.
In 2014/15 the economy tanked and I was forced to choose between the life we had built here while things were good or starting over with the company 4 hours away.
I chose the safe bet and we stayed put.
Two years ago I was offered a similar position here with a new company but that quickly died as my competition cried wolf...I was too close to their sales territory and the factory pulled the plug on us.
Fast forward to two weeks ago and I received a formal letter from the first employer hoping I'd pick up and move the 4 hours previously mentioned.
I really miss the job. The people. The income potential.
The potential to design my next home, theater(s),etc.
Seems like a no brainer until we go back to we have a good life here, all except the income potential.
Theres is no chance to get anywhere near the income I had on my current career path.
Things have been pretty grim, not sure I can afford to mess anything up on a gamble.
So, anonymity (false sense, lol) out the window, would you start over knowing it could literally fall apart and you'd be 4 hours from home?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Fear maybe? - 06/15/19 12:00 PM
Hmm, tough choice. Is the question about living 4 hours away from home during the week and going home on weekends, or would you move to the new location completely ?

I don't know much about the business but at first glance it seems like the "tiny home" market might be redefining the "modular home" market. Just a thought.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Fear maybe? - 06/15/19 12:56 PM
Blair, you will always regret the things you didn't do. If this position will give you a renewed sense of purpose, it might be a good thing to do.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Fear maybe? - 06/15/19 07:12 PM
Yeah thats were I'm at. No purpose,not enough cash to go around,etc.
The offer is only good if I move.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Fear maybe? - 06/15/19 07:15 PM
Tiny homes are definitely on my radar. I've been watching the trend for a long time.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Fear maybe? - 06/15/19 08:30 PM
I love tiny homes but there's no tiny land!
Posted By: MMM Re: Fear maybe? - 06/15/19 11:05 PM
Do you need to put in tiny speakers into a tiny home? Like do M22's look like M100 speakers in a tiny home? Would you need M1 speakers to be called bookshelf? Just wondering?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Fear maybe? - 06/15/19 11:47 PM
Those who buy tiny homes don't want encumbrances like speakers to deal with. I mean look at what happened with gmpirate. He wanted to move a set of speakers and that started a chain reaction that is forcing him to upgrade his home and his wife.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Fear maybe? - 06/16/19 05:40 AM
Originally Posted By Mojo
I love tiny homes but there's no tiny land!

You can place multiple tiny homes on a city lot if you do it right.
Think I'd target in between. I'd like to fit 3 on a truck. Lol.
Can haul 16' wide into the new city.
Many if my former customers doubled this for 2280sq ft on 1 level.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Fear maybe? - 06/16/19 05:41 AM
Seen some nice rooms back then.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Fear maybe? - 06/16/19 05:51 AM
Originally Posted By Mojo
He wanted to move a set of speakers and that started a chain reaction that is forcing him to upgrade his home and his wife.

This is both so funny and so not funny at the same time.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Fear maybe? - 06/17/19 06:03 AM
Oh yeah? Wanna hear something that is not so funny at all? I'm in an expensive house rather than a relatively inexpensive condo just so I can support my holographic music habit.
Posted By: brendo Re: Fear maybe? - 06/17/19 10:04 PM
Cheers to that Mo

Lucky in my building my direct neighbor is so wasted by the evening. He seems exempt from normal noise bylaws. I laugh as my system can slaughter their H.T.I.B.s singalongs at midnight.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Fear maybe? - 06/18/19 02:21 AM
Lol!
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Fear maybe? - 06/21/19 05:20 PM
I politely refused the offer this morning.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Fear maybe? - 06/21/19 05:57 PM
Let us know how you feel about it tomorrow.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Fear maybe? - 06/25/19 04:31 AM
Lol
The position is there for me if things change here.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Fear maybe? - 06/25/19 05:21 AM
I've applied for it. I want to sell homes.
© Axiom Message Boards