Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 2x6spds MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 02:05 AM
OK, so this is the way of an on-line petition. All those in favor of asking Mr. Mojo to please come back, add your post.

Mr. Mojo, come back. This place is not the same without you!
Posted By: Wid Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 02:09 AM

This place hasn't been the same in YEARS. A few of the old regulars pretty much ruined it some time ago.

I'd like to see ol Mojo posting again.
Posted By: merchman Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 02:17 AM
Definitely not like the old days. Come on back Mojo.
Posted By: craigsub Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 02:38 AM
Ian and I talked about Mojo last week. He was going to reach out to Mojo to have a friendly conversation.

I just emailed Mojo and let him know he should come back.

His enthusiasm is missed.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 04:01 AM
Oh Mr. Wid. I could not agree with you more!

Those old-timers, whose names we won't mention, crippled this site. Instead of the welcoming atmosphere we started out with, a dark cloud of insular absolutism descended and they managed to chase away all audio heretics.

This site should be an open forum where we freely discuss audio, a forum which invites non-Axiom and maybe soon to be Axiom owners to hang out and share the love of audio.
Posted By: craigsub Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 04:08 AM
Rick and 2x6 ... You are both right, and there is no reason we can't make this a great forum again.

We SHOULD appeal to having other makes discussed here - and Ian is cool with it. He has green lighted a review of a preamp and amp from Akitika and thinks we can talk about any other brand with no worries.

The bad stuff with the members you mentioned must have happened during my 4 year nightmare ... I mean hiatus ... trying to get Chase Home Theater rolling - I was gone from 2010 to 2014 ... by the time I got back, it was pretty slow here.

This explains why, and that's too bad.

Ok ... Mojo ... get your a## back here.
Posted By: CV Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 05:13 AM
Mojo, you should definitely return. I'm going to be joining the LFR1100 Active Club, and I was going to lean on your experience.
Posted By: Curved Air Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 01:31 PM
Could not agree more. Mojo, pry your ears away from those lovely actives and please come back!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 02:03 PM
I must have selective memory, but I don't remember the "old timers" ruining things here. Then again, there are parts of the forums I don't go to such as the Stereo sub-forum. As a daily visitor for a long time now, it just seemed like a lot of the regulars just stopped showing up... Life took them different directions...

Anyway, I agree that Mojo has been keeping conversations afloat here. While he isn't always spot on from a technical perspective (can't know everything, right), he IS great about interaction and offering solid information about what he does know and is missed.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 09:05 PM
I think I know what the others are referring to but I'm here and Wid what about our buddy down in FL.
Posted By: Wid Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 09:30 PM

It's been a while since we talked but last time we did Rick is doing good.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 10:09 PM
Yep, good ole days!
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/21/20 11:47 PM
Let a thousand flowers bloom.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/22/20 12:17 AM
Mojo is a nice guy. Have met him in person. I often wondered if his posting over the last year was a little too often. I think he was really spending too much time here and he finally woke out of it.

He is proud of his setups, and trials, and engagement for the fun of himself and others. But recently mostly others I think. When he and Craig fell at odds it probably just snapped him out of it. Like when you finally decide to delete Facebook because it's all about begging for acceptance.

This is not a real place. Always being the new and what's happening member takes a toll. I hope he is well and moves onto something worth while now. smile

Tex, I hope you read this and focus on real life for a while. smile Forums are a lonely hole to fall into. An addiction for some.

Trevor
Posted By: Mojo Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/22/20 12:57 AM
Trevor, good to hear from you! You nailed it. I banned myself.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/22/20 01:06 AM
Hello Sir! Email me sometime.

Take care. smile
Posted By: craigsub Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/22/20 02:30 AM
Originally Posted By Mojo
Trevor, good to hear from you! You nailed it. I banned myself.

They can't do that to our pledges ... only WE can do that to our pledges!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/22/20 04:41 AM
Well well well how the turntables. smile
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/22/20 03:21 PM
He's back!!

Welcome back Tex
Posted By: brendo Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/22/20 05:28 PM
Awesome take some time to enjoy all those speakers Tex.

There's always room tweaks to do!!!

I myself found a local dealer who carries Neutrik connectors. So I'm off to get some want to up grade my Prime cables connectors and shorten the 1/4 to RCA on my pro amp.

Bent to RCA behind my sub keeps giving my a buzz. the pin's almost side ways.
Posted By: Curved Air Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/22/20 10:02 PM
He lives!!!!

I’ve been loving this through my actives:
https://open.spotify.com/album/6XaCGjrIRFiS5D5IVg66vb?si=jdxhesFFRr-wWlke-xzZ3w
Posted By: Mojo Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/23/20 01:45 AM
Thanks Curved Air. I've been listening to it all afternoon, while sipping on 7-year old Argentinian Malbec that I bought for less than a bottle of Coke, through the highest value and most satisfying speakers I have ever heard in my living room - the Axiom M2 on-walls. Sorry bman. I may have led you astray.
Posted By: bman84 Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/23/20 03:04 AM
Thanks Curved Air. I've been listening to it all afternoon, while sipping on 7-year old Argentinian Malbec that I bought for less than a bottle of Coke, through the highest value and most satisfying speakers I have ever heard in my living room - the Axiom M2 on-walls. Sorry bman. I may have led you astray.

You prefer on-walls to bookshelves now? What changed?
Posted By: Curved Air Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/23/20 03:45 AM

Glad you like it. I find it equally satisfying regardless the listening level. It’s one of the few albums I can properly crank and not feel like I need to hold onto my chair for fear of being blown away.
Posted By: bridgman Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/23/20 01:36 PM
Originally Posted By 2x6spds
Oh Mr. Wid. I could not agree with you more!

Those old-timers, whose names we won't mention, crippled this site. Instead of the welcoming atmosphere we started out with, a dark cloud of insular absolutism descended and they managed to chase away all audio heretics.

I have to admit, I still don't remember seeing anything like this, with the possible exception of discussions about amplifier "sound".

Or maybe I was one of them shocked
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/23/20 03:07 PM
Solid state and tube amplification, power cords, speaker cable, interconnects, modified cross-overs ...
Posted By: Mojo Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/23/20 03:08 PM
Originally Posted By bman84

The bookshelf M2s were very good in my living room. No sub needed. Once I had the M2OW properly positioned, they completely disappeared for every tune no matter how badly recorded. The image width also went wall-to-wall and depth is as good as I've ever experienced in my living room.

However, I had to cut their bass by 10dB and use dual subs. Best speakers I've ever heard in my living room.

P.S. When I say "best", I mean the most satisfying.
Posted By: bridgman Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/23/20 03:19 PM
Originally Posted By 2x6spds
... power cords, speaker cable, interconnects...

You forgot crystals laugh
Posted By: michael_d Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/23/20 04:49 PM

I like the decore. A conflict between violence and meditation.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/23/20 05:01 PM
Ooops, of course, crystals and shakti stones.
Posted By: bman84 Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/23/20 09:37 PM
Originally Posted By bman84

The bookshelf M2s were very good in my living room. No sub needed. Once I had the M2OW properly positioned, they completely disappeared for every tune no matter how badly recorded. The image width also went wall-to-wall and depth is as good as I've ever experienced in my living room.

However, I had to cut their bass by 10dB and use dual subs. Best speakers I've ever heard in my living room.

P.S. When I say "best", I mean the most satisfying.

Interesting. What about the whole 2pi/4pi thing? I thought in/on-walls couldn't image as well because of the lack of space behind then.

[img]https://codeacoustics.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/half-space.png?w=525[/img]
Posted By: Mojo Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/24/20 01:20 AM
The on-walls, when properly positioned, were the biggest Axiom speaker surprise to me. I've been telling folks not to get on-walls and that advice is just dead wrong.

They not only sound terrific, but look at how clean that room looks now. I can listen to them for hours with absolutely no fatigue. I just can't say enough about them.

Regarding 2pi, it's certainly not difficult to mount them on a 5x5 foot of 2x4/drywall and partially FOC that whole assembly. Perhaps this is what Axiom did and they sure did a hell of a job on tweaking the curves.

I'm sitting 12 feet away from them and they are 12 feet apart. Absolutely no problem with SPL at my MLP and I am feeding them with my 55W into 8 Ohms/80W into 4 Ohms Pioneer. I can easily get 150W peaks with that Pioneer. They do not sound stressed at all.

I have a pair of subs which cost me a total of $200 supporting them. One is a Sony I modded and the other a down-firing Yammie. Both 12". Not 500s but certainly good enough.
Posted By: rrlev Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/24/20 01:42 PM
Glad to see your back Mojo ...
Was a bit concerned ... figured the only thing that would keep you away was if you were hit by a truck ... and even then I was not totally sure that would have stopped you.

Rich
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/24/20 02:33 PM
Almost like an open baffle speaker?
Posted By: Mojo Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/24/20 05:11 PM
Originally Posted By michael_d

I like the decore. A conflict between violence and meditation.

I live on the border of Heaven and Hell.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/24/20 07:02 PM
Good song by Black Sabbath/Dio
Posted By: bridgman Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/24/20 11:37 PM
Huh... I didn't know about that phase of Black Sabbath... something new to listen to.

I always associated it with the Utopia song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXWHaEmcXjg

Used to record it as the last track when making dance tapes... it was fun watching everyone mill around and try to figure out how to dance to it.

Guess I would have had more friends if I didn't do stuff like that... oh well.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: MR. MOJO, COME BACK! - 02/25/20 02:00 PM
OH yeah, I think I like the Dio years with Black Sabbath better, not to mention when he was with Rainbow and then the band Dio. Great songs and a great voice.
© Axiom Message Boards