Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rrlev What was the first Album you ever bought? - 04/25/20 10:46 PM
So, vinyl nostalgia has set in ... do you remember the first album you ever bought for your self?

Mine was:

Jefferson Airplane - Flight Log
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A two record set covering their hits from 1966 to 1976.
Bought around 1980 when I was a freshman. Must have played it a 1000 times.
Beck- Odelay

Epic to this day!

Everyone should hear the opening to “where it’s at” at least once and feel cool while doing the mundane.
Posted By: Mojo Re: What was the first Album you ever bought? - 04/25/20 11:18 PM
Heart - Dreamboat Annie. Purchased in 1977 at Army Surplus at Carlton and Cumberland in Winnipeg. It's long gone. Downtown Winnipeg, my favorite place when I was growing up, was stripped of its character in the early 80s to make way for an abysmally amorphous amalgamation of architectural abortions.
Boston Boston
I'm a little fuzzy on the order so giving the first three to be safe... but I'm pretty sure Synergy was first. Before that was 45's:

#1 - Synergy - Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra
#2 - Rick Wakeman - No Earthly Connection
#3 - Pink Floyd - Meddle
This is where everyone dates themselves.....

I bought two at the same time. Boston - Boston and AC/DC - Let There Be Rock.
Posted By: rrlev Re: What was the first Album you ever bought? - 04/27/20 02:33 AM
Just realized that I dated my self wrong ... bought fight log in 1978 (either that or I was a freshman for a few years longer then I thought smile )
Posted By: Mojo Re: What was the first Album you ever bought? - 04/27/20 04:54 AM
Geezers!
I actually had the opposite problem... when I considered date of birth and the age I remembered buying the albums at, I ran into the problem that the album had not been released yet.

Seems like I didn't start building speakers until I was almost 18. Makes me wonder what the heck I did with my early teenage years.
© Axiom Message Boards