Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Boxes - 05/02/20 08:21 PM
Curious if I am the only one that keeps there Axiom speaker boxes? They take up a lot of room in my storage closet I could use for other stuff. I just can't depart with them. I try to put the smaller boxes in the bigger boxes but still have a lot. In the past when I did upgrades it was nice to have them to send back to Axiom. I suppose I could just keep one of each? I'm worried if I ever sale or upgrade I won't have a box to ship.

Thoughts? Opinions? smile
Posted By: CV Re: Boxes - 05/02/20 08:33 PM
Do your upgrading right now, problem solved.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Boxes - 05/02/20 09:09 PM
Flatten them to conserve space-time.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Boxes - 05/03/20 05:10 AM
I have all of mine up in my attic un-flattened, and even up there they do consume a LOT of space. I've kept all of mine because in the past it really sucked not having appropriate boxes when we moved. Not that I have all of the boxes (including the giant JVC projector box and the really big Anthem MRX-1120 box) take up about 1/3 of the "bulk" stuff in the attic. "Bulk" meaning things that are just never being used, but not to be thrown away.

The ends of the boxes I have use packaging material, so I can't flatten them, but I don't recall if there is packaging material in the mid section. If not, that could be flattened like Mojo suggested.
Posted By: CV Re: Boxes - 05/03/20 08:55 AM
I've tried saving them. I saved my LFR1100 boxes, but they've been stored outside in a shed for years, so I'm fairly sure I'm going to find they've deteriorated. Ideally, upgrading to the Actives, I would have just been able to send them back in their shipping boxes, but I have to send this pair back since there was damage, and one of the boxes arrived without a top or bottom. So fingers crossed I can cobble something adequate together. I'm especially nervous about the larger speakers and subwoofers because of how many times they seem to sustain damage even with fresh packaging.

I don't have much space, which is why I have them outside. Even if I had the space inside, I'm not sure I'd use it to store them. Yes, they're nice to have on hand, chilling in perfect condition, but I think most people would find their space more valuable than the future potential convenience.

Besides possibly ordering another LFR shipping box, I imagine I will definitely be doing it for the two EP800s I'm sending in for credit. They're just too big to try to hodgepodge something.

I say keep the bigger boxes if you can, but otherwise reclaim your space.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Boxes - 05/03/20 12:35 PM
I did for a short while, using them to store "stuff". Then I decided to clean and sorted through the contents and recycled them.

Anything I trade in is packaged in the boxes of what I buy and sent back.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Boxes - 05/03/20 06:26 PM
Fill them with fiberglass and use them as bass traps laugh
Posted By: Mojo Re: Boxes - 05/03/20 06:44 PM
That's thinking inside the box!
Posted By: rrlev Re: Boxes - 05/03/20 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Mojo
That's thinking inside the box!
I disagree ... the thinking and the bass effected is outside of the box ...
Posted By: Mojo Re: Boxes - 05/03/20 11:11 PM
Agreed but I wasn't talking about what was effected but rather affected.
© Axiom Message Boards