Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rrlev Received a few boxes today - 07/29/20 09:47 PM
the FedEx guy thought I was a reseller ...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

One of the active boxes had a huge hole in the front ... luckily no damage

Not exactly what I had planed to do today ... but someone needs to set these things up ... smile
Posted By: Mojo Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/29/20 10:47 PM
Installation is the easy part. Optimizing the installation is an entirely different matter.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/29/20 11:38 PM
What finish is that?
Posted By: rrlev Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/30/20 12:16 AM
It’s santos rosewood with a red stain (? They didn’t mark it when they sent the sample).
Ian what stain is this?
Posted By: Rebulx Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/30/20 02:20 AM
those speakers look sweet. Love to hear what you think about them. Please post pics once you have them setup.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/30/20 04:59 AM
FedEx managed to mangle the other LFR speaker ... think they had two different accidents with it ...

I think they crushed it between two objects ... as the bottom of the box gave way while the top corner caved in.

2nd accident created a nice hole in the box with who knows what ... think they really had it in for this one ... I mean if you really want it dead ... shoot it twice smile
Posted By: rrlev Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/30/20 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by Rebulx
those speakers look sweet. Love to hear what you think about them. Please post pics once you have them setup.
It will be a while till they are setup in a finished room.
Right now I'm trying to get a idea if I want to setup on the long wall or the short ... so any pics will be in an unfinished room while I play around making that decision.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/30/20 05:46 AM
Truly sad regarding the damage.

I always go long. Stage width is a wonderful thing.
Posted By: brendo Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/30/20 05:29 PM
That finish looks a lot like Boston Cherry though more pinkish. Be careful come winter a friend lost all his Rosewood furniture from turning up heat in winter. All dried out and started fading cracking. {Antique too}

Brutal FedEx treated them so badly especially knowing the contents. I had one order come looking similar luckily the speakers were unscathed. {think it was my M80s} The box showed up with multiple holes. Hopefully that's the only one mangled!!!

If you contact Axiom they are great regarding these kind of mishaps. {Part of the territory with Internet direct}}
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/30/20 08:41 PM
It is crazy as good as Axiom packages speakers with the dense foam and they still go damaged. frown
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/31/20 01:38 AM
What a shame! That's a beautiful finish!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/31/20 02:13 AM
I will bet $ to mice 'nads, that the more care Axiom takes with packaging, the worse the contents are treated. FedEx sees the packaging and treats it as if it's indestructible.

With no packaging, it would be treated with kid gloves.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/31/20 03:21 AM
I’m not sure what part of fragile they don’t understand ... when it came off the truck I saw that they had it laying down under a bunch of other boxes. Don’t think these boxes are design to be loaded like that.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/31/20 03:40 AM
The driver dropped my 800 off the truck onto the ice below. I ran outside clad only in gitch and socks screaming bloody murder while pinching my nipples so they don't freeze!
Posted By: rrlev Re: Received a few boxes today - 07/31/20 02:43 PM
Yeah ... large boxes they must drop, small boxes they must toss and if that's not good enough go for crushed (just place something heavy on it and then driving down a bumpy road).

Several of the smaller speakers have dented corners. I hope FedEx pays for this and not Axiom ...

FedEx unsaid pricing:
Kid Glove Service (treat it like it our mother's china) - $$$$$
Standard Shipping (We will try but ... u know guys will be guys) - $$$
Economy Shipping (Shipping ... it's a sport ... Hey Charley ... go long) - $
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Received a few boxes today - 08/01/20 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by rrlev
I’m not sure what part of fragile they don’t understand ....
I think you are making a huge assumption that the average handler/driver reads the packaging and/or cares what the box packaging says/means....
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Received a few boxes today - 08/01/20 03:25 PM
I wonder why they werent pallet shipped via bulk carrier?
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Re: Received a few boxes today - 08/01/20 10:07 PM
Exactly, that’s how my M80s Vp180 EP800 and 4 QS8s were shipped to me. But then again southeastern Michigan is fairly close to Dwight. Less opportunity for damage? There was nary a crushed corner on a single carton.
You were just unlucky. I feel your pain.
Jeff

Or I was extremely lucky!
Posted By: rrlev Re: Received a few boxes today - 08/02/20 04:11 AM
Just for fun ... a Pic of the FedEx delivery ...

that box in front with the big hole is the LFR that turned out ok. The LFR which was damaged was laying sidewise under a bunch of amps and at least one EP600. You can kind of see it under the amp. I don't think that's how it got damaged though ... I'm only a few miles from the local FedEx terminal.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Received a few boxes today - 08/02/20 04:20 PM
When we moved cross country the van line stacked the truck like a jenga puzzle. They werent thrilled when I asked them to stand my speakers upright and put them on top of the load. They sure can jam a lot of boxes into those trucks.

Hoping once you are up and running you can share room pics. Must be quite a setup!
Posted By: rrlev Re: Received a few boxes today - 08/02/20 05:31 PM
I've been trying them out ... just posted my first impressions here
I will also put up a pic there as well ...
Posted By: bridgman Re: Received a few boxes today - 08/02/20 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Mojo
... the more care Axiom takes with packaging, the worse the contents are treated. FedEx sees the packaging and treats it as a challenge if it's indestructible.
Fixed that for you.
© Axiom Message Boards