Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Gardens and such - 08/01/20 10:20 PM
Anyone here have a herb garden? If so what are you growing? My personal garden, such as it is, is small. I’m only growing two plants this year, OG Kush and Blue Dream. So far they’re looking very good. It’s legal here in Michigan to grow six plants per adult in your household with no size limitations.
cheers,
Jeff

If anyone is offended by this post I apologize.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Gardens and such - 08/01/20 11:49 PM
I grow chives, carrots, lettuce, potatoes, turnips. In flower boxes. Beside my deck. I might try smoking chive flowers sometime. They're so purdy.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Gardens and such - 08/02/20 01:19 AM
We grow thyme, basil, garlic, scallions, chives, parsley (curly and flat) and a few others ...
We also have string beans, kale, and a bunch blueberry plants of various varieties.
Though out the property we have edible plantings like fiddlehead ferns, pawpaw trees, flowers, and I don't know what else ... I'd have to talk with my wife to tell you more

Oh wait ... your talking about the smoking type ... no THC plants ... it's legal here in Mass too. Might be interesting to grow a few ... Haven't done any of that since college.
Posted By: brendo Re: Gardens and such - 08/02/20 06:32 PM
I've got a garden Full of Poppies, Chives, Oregano, Thyme, Sunflowers and loads of other tall flowers. Headed by Raspberries maybe40 plus Raspberries A couple years ago I grew some Blue Dream amongst the Raspberries. Was really well hidden and the couple people whom found them couldn't believe that I grew them right in the Garden.

Here in Vancouver the Majority of old houses have multiple water pressure problems. Due to the rampant grow houses we used to have. Being one of the first Canadian cities to fully decriminalize. Our law is similar each adult is also allowed up to 6.
On a positive note most people just go to a shop to get it now. Which makes them a little safer. Though the stuff in shops is usually nothing {Shake}compared to a real O.G. Kush.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Gardens and such - 08/02/20 08:00 PM
How high can I get with the legal limit of 6?

I've been thinking how wonderful it must be to be my neighbor a few doors down who, at 35, has fried himself so bad, he's like the lobotomized Randle Patrick Murphy. He's high on life because...well...he's so high.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Gardens and such - 08/02/20 09:45 PM
I should try an herb garden again. About 30 years ago we set up a nice tiered herb garden outside the kitchen window. It was working well until Carol looked out the window and saw the neighbor's cat peeing on them.

An hour later the soil and plants were in the compost pile. The basil kept coming up for a while after that.
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Re: Gardens and such - 08/03/20 07:50 PM
I was wrong concerning the number of plants an adult can have. The actual number is 12 plants per adult with no size restrictions. Which, for someone who’s a year round grower makes sense.
Jeff
Posted By: Mojo Re: Gardens and such - 08/03/20 08:39 PM
We're allowed 4/household.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Gardens and such - 08/04/20 12:45 AM
Just looked up the Massachusetts rules ... up to 6 plants and 12 if at least two adults live there. You are allowed to carry 1oz on you and have up to 10oz in your home. If your in your car it has to be locked up as it goes by the same rules as alcohol.

What's that old say'n ... sex, drugs and rock & roll ... so just add you partner of choice and your good to go smile
Posted By: Mojo Re: Gardens and such - 08/04/20 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by bridgman
I should try an herb garden again. About 30 years ago we set up a nice tiered herb garden outside the kitchen window. It was working well until Carol looked out the window and saw the neighbor's cat peeing on them.

An hour later the soil and plants were in the compost pile. The basil kept coming up for a while after that.

Cat piss is the only way my veggies will grow.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Gardens and such - 08/04/20 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by rrlev
What's that old say'n ... sex, drugs and rock & roll ... so just add you partner of choice and your good to go smile

Will I be able to rock longer with my partner if I smoke some ganji?
Posted By: rrlev Re: Gardens and such - 08/04/20 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mojo
Cat piss is the only way my veggies will grow.
Our cat has kill a few potted plants that way ... sometimes we catch her in the act but the smell usually gives it away. She's a real problem ... if you get her mad at you ... she'll pee on your stuff if it's left on the floor.

So, garden wise we grow her herb of choice ... cat nip ... gotta keep her happy ...
Posted By: bridgman Re: Gardens and such - 08/06/20 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by rrlev
She's a real problem ... if you get her mad at you ... she'll pee on your stuff if it's left on the floor

I am reminded of the Fat Freddy's Cat comic that ends with "Wait'll he puts on his stereo headphones".
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Re: Gardens and such - 08/13/20 07:36 PM
My two plants are over 6 feet tall now and almost that wide. It’s going to take quite awhile to trim all the flower down. I have neighbors a couple doors down complaining about the number of skunks around this year compared to previous years. Don’t have the heart to tell them what it is they’re really smelling. Besides the fact the fewer people that are in the know the safer my plants are. Getting ripped off is fairly common.
Cheers,
Jeff
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Re: Gardens and such - 10/07/20 09:10 PM
Looks like this weekend is it. Time to cut the two of them down and trim them up. Last year two plants yielded just over two pounds. With the way this years plants grew/flourished I’m guessing this years yield will double that.
Watched all of Jim Belushi's show “Growing Belushi” just recently. He claims his yield per plant averages around 7.5 pounds. Wow!

Jeff
Posted By: Mojo Re: Gardens and such - 10/07/20 09:25 PM
Will 2 pounds last a weekend?
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Gardens and such - 10/08/20 04:34 AM
You won’t remember the weekend or the previous one for that matter with 2 pounds!

Your brain would melt and liquify and you could write dsp code simultaneously with telepathic efficiency.

In reality you’d be a drooling mess on the floor staring at your actives hearing the 2001 Space Odyssey opening while contemplating a Nietzsche quote with a chicken bone at your nose.

Classic......

https://open.spotify.com/track/0S9igDWt4u1HMB1cS8rpRZ?si=jCwWnjl8Qw-EJp1Y_0PJGA

Clean up the drool as you stand up.
© Axiom Message Boards