Axiom Home Page
Posted By: willscary Wall of Fame?? - 11/05/03 05:54 PM
I have read 2 posts about the Axiom wall of fame. How do I access these pics? Is it a forum here? Is it even part of this Axiom site? I have never seen it. Anyone willing to share the information on where to find it?

Thanks,

Bill
Posted By: aquashankar Re: Wall of Fame?? - 11/05/03 05:58 PM
You can find the pics here.
http://www.axiomaudio.com/wallofame.html

Enjoy!
Posted By: willscary Re: Wall of Fame?? - 11/05/03 06:08 PM
Great, thanks. How do I get to it on the site? (I copied the http://www.axiomaudio.com/wallofame.html

and pasted in the address bar to get there, but it must be on this site, right?)
Posted By: aquashankar Re: Wall of Fame?? - 11/05/03 06:20 PM
just click on this

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wall of Fame?? - 11/05/03 06:45 PM
sneaky
Posted By: willscary Re: Wall of Fame?? - 11/05/03 07:11 PM
Yea, I understand the link. What I am wondering is...where is it on this site? Is it in "FAQ"? Somewhere on "message board"? On a page in "Our Products"?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Wall of Fame?? - 11/05/03 07:12 PM
Nope...it's just one of the few hidden "treats" on the site that is just for board members. Amie and Ian's own version of DVD "Easter Eggs" I guess.
Posted By: aquashankar Re: Wall of Fame?? - 11/05/03 07:13 PM
Why do you say "sneaky"? Am I upto something?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wall of Fame?? - 11/05/03 07:16 PM
I thought it was a good response to willscary's request for a link. Instead of pointing him to the link, you brought the link to him.
Posted By: romy Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/03/04 08:39 PM
I just updated my HT pics:

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=89499168

I hope they will be posted on the "Wall of Fame"
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/03/04 11:11 PM
sorry link isint working. telling me im not the owner of the album
Posted By: romy Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/03/04 11:26 PM
I hope this link works....

http://community.webshots.com/album/89499168kPvScr
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/04/04 02:56 AM
You have a very nice setup. How long can you wait for a sub?
Posted By: romy Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/04/04 03:30 AM
I've been waiting for the HSU VTF-3 MKII to be released. The black piano finish should match well with the Elite stuff. Until than I am running a Harman/Kardon AVS 10 8" 50 watt sub and a pair of Bose AM-5's for 7.1 which are hidden behind the sofa.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/04/04 09:36 PM
Nice setup, have you thought about bringing the M80's out another foot from the front wall to let them breath a bit?
Posted By: snippy Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 01:06 AM
How come you bought stands for the QS8's, why not just wall mount them?

It does not sound any better by placing them on stands.

Otherwise, very nice HT!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 04:47 AM
Easter Eggs (hidden features accessed by various methods) have been around much longer than thier recent inclusion on DVD's.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 07:42 PM
In reply to:

How come you bought stands for the QS8's, why not just wall mount them?

It does not sound any better by placing them on stands.

Otherwise, very nice HT!

Cut him some slack, will ya? Your comment is dripping with attitude. I think the stands look great and there's probably a good reason he chose stands instead of wall mounting.
Posted By: JasonG Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 07:55 PM
BBIBH... there's a name from the past!
Posted By: romy Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 09:40 PM
If you really want to know... I wasn't sure on the speaker lay out so I bought the stands to be safe. Once my HT is complete and I am through with upgraditis, they might get mounted.... LOL
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 09:44 PM
romy,

Are the stands you have the QS8's on the Axiom stands?

I was under the impression from the web site that they are only 3 feet (36 inches) tall.

Those stands look taller than that...Do you have them on some sort of a riser? Or is the furniture of a low slung type?

Other than the above question, great looking setup!

Regards,

WhatFurrer
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 09:50 PM
Romy
out of curiousity, how high do the tweeters sit from the ground when the QS8 is on the stands? I'm wondering because I rent now and may have to buy stands when I get QS8s to keep from making any more holes in the walls.
Posted By: snippy Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 09:59 PM
Jeez, there was no attitude at all, I even said Nice Ht! at the end,

Chill out mom! Do not get so hot and bothered about anything. I am sorry for taking an interest in his theater.

Usually, people put there theater photos online in forums like ours or others to get either a thumbs up or ideas for a way to make their theater better. I was just curious and thought the reason was likely because he had not yet decided on the location of the speakers yet. They may sound better where that window is, but they would then be in the way of his view outside. I just did not understand why he was using stands against a wall in the location in the photo. It seemed like an extra expense to me and was curious if there was a reason for it.
Posted By: romy Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 10:21 PM
No offense taken, I welcome all suggestions and comments. As for the QS8 stands, I have them on a couple of 1ft step stools, which makes it sound better.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 10:24 PM
thanks Romy, that makes more sense. Like WhatFurrer said, I was surprised to see the stands at this height. It's really too bad they don't normally make them with the extra height. I'm sure they're too short for most people's requirements as they are now.

thanks
Posted By: romy Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 10:24 PM
The tweeters sit 4.5 ft off the ground on the QS8 stands/stool.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 10:32 PM
sid, we have our two 8's on axiom stands in the two rear corners of our room. the height is perfect for me in my chair and the bride on the couch. we continually look at the back atrium doors to see if it's the cat wanting to come in. so... the stands are like cables...do they make the speakers sound better? gotta listen for yourself.
dan
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/05/04 10:46 PM
I like the idea of the stands.

I have my current speakers on stands in the rear corners of my room as well.

But with a 36" high stand, and the 8.25" QS8 speaker, the left one would have the tweeters firing into the back of my SVS 20-39 PC+. On the other side it would be firing into the back of a Palliser leather recliner...

48" would be a better height. They would have to add some weight to the base though...

Rent houses make it difficult sometimes...

Regards,

WhatFurrer
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Wall of Fame?? - 01/06/04 10:45 AM
I have to compliment on the HT furniture, very nice romy.
© Axiom Message Boards