Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Mojo KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/12/20 08:40 PM
https://www.visions.ca/product-deta...e?categoryId=161&sku=REFERENCE4CROSE
Posted By: casey01 Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/12/20 08:51 PM

Check our the Paradigm "Persona" series. The similar size center channel isn't far off the mark in price.
Posted By: Mojo Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/12/20 09:09 PM
Yup. The virus started at Paradigm and spread to KEF.

Or maybe it started with these guys. $US550K for this center.

http://www.perfect8.com/center.htm
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/13/20 03:21 AM
I gotta say....those are Fugly.
Posted By: Mojo Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/13/20 04:03 AM
I know, eh. What the hell were they thinking?

They're a work of art though compared to these.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: rrlev Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/13/20 06:15 AM
Ya know ... someone is gonna buy those ....
Especially that pair of red kissing voodoo monkey things ...

Mojo I’d be afraid to have them in my house ...
I’d be be up all night because I’d be thinking that they may sneak upstairs and eat me while I was sleeping.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/13/20 12:37 PM
Lol! Nice Rich.

Visions prices some stuff arbitrarily because they carry the line but not certain items I would say. We bought an optoma uhz65 on their site, that they didnt have, and they had to source it sell it at their listed price -3000$ below market. Eeek!

Since then, I think they list stuff they dont have, but technically carry, at can’t fail prices. My fault? Lol. They also dont allow online shopping orders to PEI anymore it seems. Used to use them for sourcing gear. Great store and I usually hit it when I visit Calgary in the NE location on 32nd ave. Great place to strike a deal.

Edited:
I should add, this was during the whole trade tariff debacle with Trump, so many products sky rocketed in price overnight. Im sure many retailers/distributers were caught off guard by this. I’m not an evil guy taking advantage of the situation. Just wierd timing.
Posted By: Mojo Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/13/20 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by rrlev
Ya know ... someone is gonna buy those ....
Especially that pair of red kissing voodoo monkey things ...

Mojo I’d be afraid to have them in my house ...
I’d be be up all night because I’d be thinking that they may sneak upstairs and eat me while I was sleeping.

Didn't sleep a wink last night. All I could think of was the voodoo monkeys gobbling my 'nads.
Posted By: Rebulx Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/15/20 04:39 AM
tried the kef metas which is the woofer used in some of the higher end stuff. They have been returned. period. end of story.
Posted By: Mojo Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/15/20 06:13 AM
Poor KEF. My buddy punted his for M100v4.
Posted By: casey01 Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/15/20 02:54 PM
I have talked to three guys that I know who have been in the retail electronics industry for several years all working for mid-high end retailers and they all told me similar things in that in all their years in the business, they have never seen a situation where it is so hard to get inventory, alot having to do with Covid-19 and lines of distribution that have become quite unpredictable. Of course, most of this stuff if not made in the Far East somewhere, at minimum, that is from where all the internal parts are sourced for pretty well any product regardless of price.

I was looking around for a Yamaha CX-A5200 Pre-Pro that I had given up until I made one last call to a retailer that out of shear luck just had two delivered to the store. It seems the stores are getting the sales(and pre-orders) but they can't guarantee any sort of firm delivery on anything of any consequence.
Posted By: Mojo Re: KEF has lost its collective mind - 12/15/20 04:36 PM
As much as I love hardware, working in software has eliminated a lot of complexity from my professional life. Supply chains, manufacturing quality, and certification/compliance squeeze every ounce of life out of a hardware engineer. It's not because these things are hard. It's because they are darned near impossible because the rules of the game are never adequately defined and always keep changing.
© Axiom Message Boards