Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Clothes from the future - 06/02/21 03:29 PM
I haven't refreshed my wardrobe in a long time, so I decided to see what was out there and came across this brand:

Vollebak

Super expensive, so I'm just dipping my toe in with their ceramic t-shirt and carbon fiber t-shirt. The whole idea of the brand cracks me up, but here's hoping I don't end up loving the shirts so much that I want to save up for their more extreme offerings.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Clothes from the future - 06/02/21 07:28 PM
Until they publish the standards, test methods and results, I say they are full of kaka.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Clothes from the future - 06/02/21 11:01 PM
Think you should hold out for the Kevlar version just in case you ever get caught in crossfire or something smirk
Posted By: CV Re: Clothes from the future - 06/03/21 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by rrlev
Think you should hold out for the Kevlar version just in case you ever get caught in crossfire or something smirk

I believe they have made some clothing with Kevlar in the past. Not sure if any of their current offerings have it. But good call since this is America.

And Mojo, I have no doubt the clothes can't live up to the hyperbole. Some of the stuff I don't really get, like the Full Metal Jacket, except that it looks cool. I still think it's funny to go all-in on exotic materials just because.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Clothes from the future - 06/05/21 04:47 AM
And where does this stuff go at end of life?
Infinity in a dump site?

Clothing manufacturers need to be held more responsible for the fabrics they make. The bulk of microplastics in the aquatic environment come from clothing. Lot of polyester floating around. Try filtering some of those bottled waters and you will find out the ones that come from nothing but a tap.
Posted By: CV Re: Clothes from the future - 06/05/21 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by chesseroo
Infinity in a dump site?

Good point. I don't think about that nearly enough.

What about this shirt?: Plant and Algae T Shirt
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Clothes from the future - 07/10/21 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by CV
Originally Posted by chesseroo
Infinity in a dump site?

Good point. I don't think about that nearly enough.

What about this shirt?: Plant and Algae T Shirt
I love the ingenuity.
Ideas like this are the future and they cannot come soon enough.
© Axiom Message Boards