Axiom Home Page
Posted By: EFalardeau And now the wait starts again - 10/12/21 06:09 PM
Recently I had a friend who went through some though times so I donated him a pair of M3s, a VP150 and 2 QS-8. He already had a 5.1 receiver. Another friend gave him a lazy-boy and another one some butt-kicker. Gave him a huge moral boost as he starts chemo.

HOWEVER, now I am STUCK with missing equipment! So I just ordered a pair of M5HPv4 and 2 QS8v4 all eggshell white to put in my reading room! Whole room will now be v4 and egghsell white. Going to post pics whenever it is HERE! (next week, I presume).

And now, while I wait...
Posted By: rrlev Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/12/21 10:58 PM
I sure it’s going be a nice upgrade …
Posted By: Kodiak Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/13/21 03:57 PM
Kindness pays dividends my friend! Send pics when the goodies arrive! That’s gonna be sweet.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/13/21 07:20 PM
Waiting is the hardest part.
Posted By: Cork Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/14/21 02:15 AM
The M5s are going to be awesome, but it's not nearly as cool as the nice thing you and your buddies did. Music and video can be a great distraction in tough times, so great idea.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/27/21 03:38 PM
Wow that was fast. Just received notice that my 1100s shipped today. Can't wait to get those hooked up and test driven.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/27/21 05:12 PM
LRF 1100.... One day, one day! smile
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/29/21 06:25 PM
Good news, bad news... M5HP and new QS8 have arrived. Sounds great. Bad news, the EP175 doesn't work anymore. Likely just the amp. Tried same cables with different sub and they work. Even tried high-power input... It doesn't even do that little "blump" sound when turned on... :'(
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/29/21 06:42 PM
Ouch. That's not good. I wonder if they'll have you ship back the whole sub or just send you a replacement amp.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/29/21 07:02 PM
From past experience it's just the amp
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/29/21 07:14 PM
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/29/21 07:21 PM
Decor nearly completed. Still hesitati g between getting a nice white table cloth or go back to black. Room is very white to contrast with my all black home theater

Posted By: EFalardeau Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/29/21 07:25 PM
And now the left surround and decor.

This is a reproduction of the first tractor i even drove.

The ducks reading over my shoulder.

The globe i found by accident on special on Amazon.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/29/21 07:31 PM
And now, the RIGHT surround... and the shush guy policing my reading room.

And the little pest that indists of being next to me even if there is no space
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/29/21 08:59 PM
The white is very sharp looking with the rest of the room.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: And now the wait starts again - 10/30/21 12:31 AM
Ahhhhhhhh... music to my hears. I was already in awe of the M5HP (which i use as computer speakers). I have to admit i was half regretting not to have gone fir QS10 even if they would have been too big for that room. But the QS-8v4 are impressive. I played quite a few works with instruments placed around the listener and they are GREAT. Starting to think that next year might be a significant "trade up" year or a huge "donation" as many of my speakers are too old to get much of the program (and thats perfectly alright), to move everything to v4

Now can you imagine ig Axiom were to offer v6 and v8 versions of their speakers? The power!!!!
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: And now the wait starts again - 11/01/21 02:36 PM
You have to love FedEx. All 5 pieces arrived in Memphis last week. 1 piece was delivered on Friday. 2 pieces will be delivered today. And the last 2 pieces will be here tomorrow, I think. The ceiling brackets came Friday. I have a feeling the 2 pieces today are the outriggers and the dsp and the remaining 2 are the speakers. I'll get a good chuckle if I get one speaker today and one tomorrow.
Posted By: Cork Re: And now the wait starts again - 11/01/21 09:25 PM
I purchased M80s, LFR660s (which has a DSP), and an amp; so 6 pieces. They came one at a time over a 10 day span (at least, it may have been more). I was not happy with FedEx!
Posted By: rrlev Re: And now the wait starts again - 11/02/21 03:08 AM
I think part of FedEx's issue is that things get released from customs one piece at a time ...
Since there is no waitress to coordinate bring it all to the table at the same time ... you get it piecemeal smile
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: And now the wait starts again - 11/02/21 02:35 PM
I'm glad I had them delivered to my office. They'd be sitting out in the rain if I had them sent to my house.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: And now the wait starts again - 11/02/21 08:13 PM
They have arrived. They were wired for bi-amp on the front although I didn't request that. It won't make a difference as I only intend to run one channel to each the front and rear. Now I just need to steal a truck so I can get them home and eventually get the 100s boxed up and returned.
© Axiom Message Boards