Axiom Home Page
Posted By: EFalardeau News and some upgrades... - 04/18/22 04:21 PM
Hi all. I might be joining here more often as I am now officially retired (at least for 2 years) from the tech world and back to writing full time (ericfalardeau.ca for more information). So I made myself nice little retirement gifts. I acquired a new A/V processor: AVM70 from Anthem Statement to replace my 12+ year old D2v that can still perform well audio-wise, but was starting to lag substentially on the video side, and the new ARC Genesis is significantly (audibly) better.

This means my D2v will be moving to my reading/writing/music room to serve my ordered ADA-1000 4chs which will power my M5HPv4 and QS8v4 surrounds. It will blend well with my new B-stock EP500 which should be coming this week (right, Andrew? smirk ).

Cascasding improvement, I will be moving my Pioneer to my office and officially retire my old Onkyo 805, which has started to be really weird noises for a minute when powering up.

Can't wait for the new ADA-1000 to arrive (although I did tell them I could wait 25 days).

Back to my spring cleaning!
Posted By: Mojo Re: News and some upgrades... - 04/18/22 04:29 PM
Eric, wow! Congrats, man. Good for you on the writing! I write too but not books...yet. I'll look into those titles on your site.
Posted By: rrlev Re: News and some upgrades... - 04/18/22 05:35 PM
Congrats … that Anthem prepro looks like a great choice
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: News and some upgrades... - 04/18/22 10:06 PM
Nice! And congrats on all!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: News and some upgrades... - 06/30/22 08:43 PM
Finally all the pièces from the upgrade started March 3rd, I was able to complete the cascading upgrade that started with me replacing my D2v with an AVM70.

That has allowed me to upgrade my Reading Room / Music Room.

Pionner VXS1023 is out (moved to my my office).
Replaced by my old D2v + new ADA,-1000 4ch

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

EP-175 replaced by EP-500 (once 175 repaires, will be coupled with AxiomAir)

(Not for the power, but d'experts bass for pipeorgan and such).

No changes for the surrounds.

New Reading Room is somewhat improved. Much spatious and definitely ARC has made the setup feel big in a small room.

The new office has greatest improvements as my old Onkyo805 was beyond it's last leg. 5-10 of wweird noise. Now setup is back to its prime state.

Cheers !
Posted By: SirQuack Re: News and some upgrades... - 07/02/22 02:17 AM
Congrats, good to hear from you again!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: News and some upgrades... - 08/19/22 10:29 PM
With the replacement EP-175, I was able to complete the setup for my chess training room. It really gives a good extension, especially when the deep pipeorgan resounds afterbavwin!

Upstairs is my own personal chessclub. It's only 140 000$ to joi (15% off if you swear to never show up).

Posted By: Mojo Re: News and some upgrades... - 08/19/22 10:38 PM
You must have the first Air. The latest versions don't have a sub out.

What's with all the chess tables?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: News and some upgrades... - 08/19/22 10:46 PM
Yes. First gen. Too bad it lost its sub out.

Actually, usually all but one board is out. But my neighbors and are friends to many, many young players so when i remodeled the upstairs i made it so we could meet a few nights a week and play in person.
Posted By: Mojo Re: News and some upgrades... - 08/20/22 02:46 PM
Nice. The tissues for those emotional losers is a nice touch. And I love the way you tamed that peak at 3678.43 Hz in the hallway.
© Axiom Message Boards