Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 02:36 AM
My wife gave birth to our first child, Steven Michael, at 2:15 AM on Saturday, Nov. 15th after only about 5 hours labor and no drugs whatsoever. Completely amazing! He tipped the scales at 9 lbs, 2 oz. and is a tall one at 21.5"!

Both baby and mother are doing amazingly well. We're all at home now after being relased this afternoon.

Here's the little guy sucking on my finger.

(BTW, congrats to Shawn on the birth of his son, too!)
Posted By: willscary Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 03:06 AM
Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy!
Posted By: md55 Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 03:16 AM
Cangradulations, that big boy is good looking.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 03:35 AM
Congrats!

V. cool. The picture is a nice touch heh.

Wow he was heavy lol - I was 7 lbs 11 oz. No idea about my height, but I doubt it was much as I am short now (5'8").
Posted By: JohnK Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 03:38 AM
Terrific, Peter! It looks like he's going to be even taller than daddy.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 04:05 AM
Congrats....I guess we will be seeing lots of you. Your not gonna get sleep anytime soon.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 04:44 AM
Congrats, Peter! I could write volumes about the many parenthood positives. But I'll leave you with only a couple of nuggets right now.

Each child comes with the promise that God is not yet discouraged with man.

Nice, smart people should have children so that we continue to have nice, smart people in the world.

Your son is lucky to have you.

Relish the blessings, my friend.

- Tom
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 05:17 AM
Congrats Peter!!!! We'll hope he's blessed with your sense of humour and speed with the one-liner!
Posted By: sushi Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 06:33 AM
Congrats, Peter!

You washed your hands, right?

Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 12:09 PM
Congrats!!
Posted By: gem41573 Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 05:42 PM
Congrats! I can't wait until it's time for my wife and I.
Posted By: mwc Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 05:47 PM
Great goobedy goobys! Babies are popping out all over this board. Congrats Peter! I know you must feel on top of the world right now. Best wishes.

Mike
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/17/03 10:47 PM
Right on! First child. From here everything changes for you, and in a good way. You'll see the world in a new way, from a new perspective. Congratulations!

Luis
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/18/03 02:09 AM
Thank you everybody for your wonderful comments and words of encouragement! I showed all your posts to my wife and she now has an idea of why I hang out here so much.

We're feelin' the love in Oakland.
Posted By: aquashankar Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/18/03 10:11 AM
Hearty Congratulations Peter! that's one cute looking sonny you've just been blessed with. So with your parental promotion, you've now got a new focal point in your life.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/19/03 03:13 AM
Congrat's from Canada, eh! Welcome to an amazing new chapter in your life!

Sorry I haven't written sooner, but with my wife completely monopolized by the new baby, I am left to handle a 4 year old needing to go back and forth to school, a hyper 2 year old still needing diaper changes, cooking, laundry, entertaining friends and family that drop in, all the while still trying to make a living, well, time is non-existent.

Peter, as tough as the sleep deprivation seems now, looking back, the first one is a cake walk. Enjoy every minute - they grow way too fast.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/19/03 09:17 PM
I hate to say, it, but it seems like a cake walk already. Sure, he wakes up a bunch of times at night, but he settles down real quick. For the most part, he's a real quiet dude. My regular long continuous night's sleep has transformed into an adequate series of naps.

Of course, once my wife starts filling bottles, I'm sure I'll start sharing in the feeding duty.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/19/03 09:26 PM
peter, i have a 19 & 21 year old girls; wanna trade? they are, or were house broken, and when they do get in, sleep thru the night. they also sleep parts of each saturday and sunday mornings too.
dan
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/19/03 09:29 PM
Didn't anyone ever tell you that girls just wanna have fun?
Posted By: Mahesh Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/20/03 12:22 AM
Heartiest congratulations !

I have never used the words 'cake walk' to describe it, but yes, I agree, it's not that bad. I think the joy of simply holding and playing with the little one (while he is half asleep or half awake) makes all the tiredness vanish and brings about a certain joy within.

I still remember that feeling a couple of years back when my little Joy (she's 5 already) was born.

Cheers / Mahesh
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/20/03 03:00 AM
Wait until he starts to "borrow" your CD's and DVD's

Mark
Posted By: ZeN Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/20/03 05:12 AM
Congrats my man! Get sleep whenever you can
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/20/03 09:12 AM
when, like right now? (Yes, he's sleeping right now. Why can't I???)
Posted By: ZeN Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/20/03 07:43 PM
Yes, any time he sleeps - you sleep -- Trust me, its the only way!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Another New Baby!! - 11/20/03 08:11 PM
CONGRATS PETER!
© Axiom Message Boards