Axiom Home Page
Posted By: robertplace76 Is customer service always this bad? - 12/07/03 08:18 PM
I bought 5 speakers from Axiom a few weeks ago; the M40's, a VP100, and a set of the QS4's. Right out of the box I knew there was a problem with one of the surrounds, as there was something rattling inside of it. I hooked it up anyways to see what they sounded like. Everything sounded great; except, of course, the one QS4. On louder, deeper bass sounds there would be a buzzing sound.

The thing is, I called immediately, only to have to leave a message on their voicemail. I didn't mind that except I never got a return call. I called again a week or so later, only to leave another voicemail. This time, someone called back within 10 minutes.

He - I didn't get his name - explained I may have to change a setting on my DVD player to correct the problem (set surround speakers to 'small') but if that didn't work I should email "joev@axiomaudio.com".

Well, I changed the setting, but to no avail. The buzzing was still there, albeit not as noticeable.

I e-mailed "joev", who got back to me after 2 business days, stating that they going to make arrangements to switch the QS4 for me.

I e-mailed back within the hour giving a phone number I'd be at the rest of the day, so we could make said arrangements. That was four or five days ago.

I'm getting awfully close on my 30-day money-back return period, so naturally I'm a bit concerned.

Anybody else have a similiar expreience? Am I going to out shipping costs when and if this finally gets resolved?

I'll post a reply when I hear back from them, which will hopefully be before the new year....

Rob
Posted By: twopecker Re: Is customer service always this bad? - 12/08/03 12:25 AM
I had problems with actually getting my speakers. Something happened where the credit card company got the charge (and applied it to my card) but they did not get the money. I had to keep on top of them constantly to get anything done....they were not very responsive the few times I left messages.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Is customer service always this bad? - 12/08/03 12:27 AM
Usually it shouldnt take this long. but perhaps amie and the the rest of the people havent been in the office or something.

If you picked the speaker up and heard rattling, and told whoever you talked to that, they would have known what the problem was. which is probbly either a loose magnet or driver. Service isint usually like this. Dont worry about the 30 day return policy deal. is there is something wrong with the speaker they will replace it. remember your 5 year warranty? in the meantime try seeing if the screws that hold the driver in place are all tight. if they are loose, tighten them but do NOT overtighten them. just until they are snug.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Is customer service always this bad? - 12/08/03 05:08 AM
I have never had any CS problems with Axiom. In fact, they have been top notch, and I have worked in A/V retail for 10 years, and have never come across CS this great. Considering the time of year I would cut anyone/everyone a little slack. I would also try what Haoleb said. I had a similar problem with my left M60, and it ended up being the screw on the 5" woofer was loose.
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: Is customer service always this bad? - 12/08/03 10:24 AM
if you have had no response go to the contact page and email someone
i dont even own axioms and have gotten responses within 24 hours using technical and customer support. I have emailed them about 6 times.

actually both times i emailed brent@axiomaudio.com replied within the hour
Well, hold the phone. The FedEx lady just dropped off a new QS4 for me today. Inside the package was a form to slap on the box to send off the old QS4. When "joev" wrote that he was going to make arrangements to replace the speaker, I thought he was going to call or e-mail about how to return the old one to Axiom. I had no idea they'd send out a new speaker before getting the old one back. I don't think there's too many companies that would trust a customer that much to do that.

I feel like such a jerk for mouthing off like that before everything was said and done. I wish I could erase this thread....

Axiom - *very* sorry about the negative post. You've exceded my expectations about this problem and you'll certainly have me back as a repeat customer - I've got other rooms in my house to set up!

Rob
Well said Rob, you've also provided us with another 'Real World' example of Axiom's CS.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/08/03 06:18 PM
Don't worry about it, dude. Many of us have threads we just wish would go away...
Posted By: mwc Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/08/03 08:26 PM
Nice post Robert. I wish all companies had the same level of CS that Axiom does.
Posted By: mwc Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/08/03 08:32 PM
In reply to:

Many of us have threads we just wish would go away...

Yep! I've racked up my share.

Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/08/03 08:43 PM
... and I'm just plain wierd...
Posted By: mwc Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/08/03 08:54 PM
I think that's great! It makes the boards more interesting.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/08/03 10:22 PM
I believe one called Insanely Bright comes to mind for some people.

I seem to call another with the word "metallic" in it...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/08/03 11:26 PM
and still another with "grow a sack"...

But the all time winner had something to do with a dalmatian...
Posted By: mwc Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/08/03 11:35 PM
"Insanely Bright" and "metallic". I remember those but I don't remember participating in those threads. Those threads sure went on a long time. I think the "metallic" thing was curtis's debut here on the Axiom board.
Posted By: mwc Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/08/03 11:53 PM
bwahahaha....A dalmation! Peter, you're too funny. BTW, I didn't start that dog thing...at least not here on Axiom's board.

My son still kids me about the "grow a sack" thing. He tells me to "sprout a bag".
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/09/03 12:16 AM
"grow a sack"
"sprout a bag"
"evolve a pouch"
"descend your boys"
"knit a sock"

How many different ways are there to say the same thing?
Posted By: mwc Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/09/03 04:15 AM
Stop it before we get in trouble!.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/09/03 04:24 AM
.... Kids....

(insert roll eyes here)
Posted By: mwc Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/09/03 04:30 AM
I refuse to grow up!
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/09/03 03:26 PM
last week i inquired about trading in my vp100 for a vp150, and using the coupon i had. i e-mailed amie, on a friday, and on monday i mailed out my old 100. also spoke with noreen monday. gave her the tracking number on the 100's package. she shipped out the 150 that day, even before receiving the 100, and billed my card the balance. cust service was terrific.
dan
Posted By: snippy Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 07:00 PM
Does someone want to edit the title of this thread, it makes Axiom look bad when they actually took care of this person.
Posted By: Amie Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 08:27 PM
I TOTALLY want to edit the title of this thread!! I just thought it would be bad netiquette. Maybe we could put it to a vote? We've deleted two posts in total, I believe, and locked one, right? but I don't think we've ever changed a title.
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 09:26 PM
my vote is delete
cause it comes up in searches
or everyone just stops posting so it doesnt stay up at the top

Posted By: johnbasham Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 10:18 PM
My vote is to DELETE.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 10:23 PM
My vote would be DELETE...but it may be best etiquette to ask the original poster.

RobertPlace76, What would YOUR vote be?

Just my .02.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 10:42 PM
I think just change the name to Axiom Customer Service question or something like that. I don't think the thread should be deleted; there's some interesting stuff in here. Well, maybe not, but still...
Posted By: mwc Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 10:54 PM
Call me thick but I don't understand why this thread should be altered at all. Besides, it looks like robertplace76 has already altered it by replacing "bad" with "Good". I understand why the infamous (yet stimulating) "dalmation" thread was deleted, it just got insane. But what's the deal about this one? This is not a vote. I'd just like to know why before I vote.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 11:25 PM
The title of the post does indeed raise an eyebrow. But if you read the thread I think it tells a tremendous story of just how good Axiom's customer service is. The thread should stay.
Posted By: snippy Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 11:28 PM
I just think it is misleading and that it fights all of the hard work Axiom employess have put in to make sure their customer service is second to none.

I do not think the post should be deleted, I just think the title should be changed to something a little more ambiguous by the original poster. Since he already feels that he made a mistake, it would be great of him to rectify the mistake by changing the title.
Posted By: mwc Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 11:48 PM
In reply to:

if you read the thread I think it tells a tremendous story of just how good Axiom's customer service is.The thread should stay.

spiffnme is exactly right. I also think that altering and deleting posts should be done only in extreme cases if at all.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/11/03 11:52 PM
I vote to leave the thread, but I am on the fence about whether to change the title or not. I'd like to think that someone who came across the thread would read further than the initial few posts. On the other hand, some people are lazy and may form a strong opinion about Axiom just off the first post.

Altering the title might be in Axiom's best interest. But please make sure the word y'all is not in the new title, as it might create even MORE trouble...
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/12/03 12:03 AM
Peter, you're a hoot.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/12/03 12:44 AM
a regular barn owl...
It doesn't matter to me either way, but if someone could change the title to something neutral, like, "Is customer service always like this?" then that might make the most sense...

If I could change it, I would.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/12/03 07:24 AM
That's probably the best idea.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/12/03 07:37 AM
Yeah, I like that one.
I would leave the subject line alone, there is far too much re-inventing of history without it spilling over to HT foras.
Besides the way it's worded it's a real eye grabber, and once read; it leaves you with a very warm and fuzzy feeling towards Axiom's customer service.

My vote is to leave it alone, it's a PLUS for Axiom, not a negative.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Is customer service always this GOOD? - 12/13/03 09:18 AM
"My vote is to leave it alone, it's a PLUS for Axiom, not a negative." --- I couldn't agree more. I say leave it.
© Axiom Message Boards