Axiom Home Page
Posted By: littleb OT/New computer - 01/24/04 12:45 AM
Hey guys,

I didn't realize how horrendous my old Compaq computer had become until my wonderful, computer literate son made me a new one. He ordered all the parts online and had it up and running within 2 hours. What a guy!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 01:07 AM
Consider yourself lucky! All my son does is eat, sleep, poop, smile, and babble!
Posted By: mhorgel Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 01:33 AM
All mine does is eat, sleep, shower, and play video games. I'm going to miss the hell out of him when he goes off to college in September. Consider yourself lucky, pmbuko, and treasure every spitty uppy, poopy diapery, late night cry moment because in a heartbeat he'll be grown up.

Mark
Posted By: littleb Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 02:16 AM
All 3 of my boys will be leaving the roost soon. I wish they were still babbling and pooping. I'm missing them already.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 03:35 AM
[sniff]

Gahhhh! She just showed me his toenails -- they're painted!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 03:41 AM
ROFLMAO!!

Jen says, "Oh how cute! What color? And are there pictures taken that will embarrass the child later?"
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 04:08 AM

Every other toe. Sometime I wonder about her...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 04:18 AM
I asked Steven what he thought of it. This was his response:

Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 05:35 AM
Ah, taking after his mother already! :-D
Posted By: chesseroo Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 07:31 AM
I can only imagine and wonder.
Our first born is due next june and as of this week, we just found out it will be a baby girl.
Hmm, i guess i have to get working on a son soon after.
Heck, i need someone to teach hockey to and unfortunately the girls' life in hockey is rather limited yet.
Maybe in 20 years there will be a WNHL.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 07:39 AM
Congrats, Chess!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 07:51 AM
Well i tried hard Ken...and apparently was successful.
I guess since my lot in life is over (the propagation of the species) it is time for the male to simply fall over and die right?
Nurish the young and all that?
So many things to ponder.

If only we were all spiders.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 07:32 PM
If memory serves... any time two girls got into a fight at school, a crowd formed instantaneously. I see WNHL having a bright future...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 07:38 PM
Your lot in life is far from over. There is a distinct shortage of female audiophiles in this world. You've got your work cut out for you.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: OT/New computer - 01/24/04 07:56 PM
Maybe the women are just more quiet about their "audiophileness".
Posted By: littleb Re: OT/New computer - 01/25/04 02:56 PM
Congratulations, Chess. Welcome to the club.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: OT/New computer - 01/25/04 04:34 PM
I still have 4 more months to go (approx.).
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: OT/New computer - 01/26/04 09:13 PM
Congrats, Chess. Nice, smart people should have children so that we continue to have nice, smart people in the world.

My daughter is 9, my son is 6. They are wildly different people. Do not underestimate the satisfaction of the "Daddy's little girl" bit. It totally rules. As does the "that's my boy" scene.

We were watching "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" last night. Near the end of the movie, my son looks up and says "Daddy, I REALLY like how the surround sound sounds!! It's like a real airplane!". Told my wife right then that all the home theatre dollars we've spent were more than worth it. She did not disagree. It was a $2000+ smile on his face. Alex felt real little-boy-joy at the sights and sounds of life, and I felt daddy joy at being there with him.

Even though it was just a movie.

Life is good.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: OT/New computer - 01/26/04 09:16 PM
Peter, you better get to work on the little sister quick. I know I'm a cave-man, but that painted toe nail thing just ain't right.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: OT/New computer - 01/26/04 09:27 PM
In reply to:

smart people should have children so that we continue to have nice, smart people in the world.

Our limit will most likely be one. We might consider a second depending on our resources and personal time constraints. I would never have more children than i know i could honestly spend time with.
Anything beyond 2 is the propagation of yet another world crisis, overpopulation.

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: OT/New computer - 01/26/04 10:14 PM
chess, I agree with you philosophically 100%.

But more compelling to me is the practical matter that you don't want the kids to outnumber you.
© Axiom Message Boards