Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ringmir shipping issue - 02/05/04 08:03 PM
Hey so, I just got a call from Fed Ex. Apparently something leaked on one of my boxes while it was being shipped, appears to be water. So they opened the box and repackaged it. The woman told me that the top of the box was "fairly damp" but that the speaker was bagged, and the bag was dry, as was the enclosed booklet. So they have boxed it in a 3-M box and I should get it tomorrow. Anyone here who can speak to the packaging of these speakers and whether or not they would survive some amount of water without any damage? From the sound of it everything should be fine, aside from having to wait another day to get that speaker, but some knowledgable input would set me more at ease.
-A
Posted By: Ajax Re: shipping issue - 02/06/04 12:19 AM
YIPES! I just got the "your speakers have shipped" email from Amie today. Still don't know when they'll arrive. Hope nothing like that happens to mine. However, if the "bag was dry," I would suspect that all is well. Can't speak from personal experience, and hope I won't be able to..........ever.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: shipping issue - 02/06/04 01:39 AM
if "the bad was dry" then you probbly wont have any problems. but you might want to open it up and have a looksie before the fed ex guy leaves your house just to make sure.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: shipping issue - 02/06/04 01:46 AM
Sounds like they'll be fine, but I agree, if you're there when the FedEx guy shows up, I'd have him wait until you take a quick look.
© Axiom Message Boards