Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ravi_singh Bill Frissell recomendations - 03/22/04 09:15 PM
The truth is, I have listened to Bill at friends house but I don't own any.

Which CD (or two or three cd's) would you recommend I start with? Which ones really are the best of the best?

thanks for your input!
Ravi
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Bill Frissell recomendations - 03/28/04 06:10 AM
no recommendations?

i find that hard to believe
Posted By: snippy Re: Bill Frissell recomendations - 03/29/04 08:09 PM
I have never heard of Bill Frissel, so I can not help you.
Posted By: gem41573 Re: Bill Frissell recomendations - 03/29/04 10:37 PM
Never heard of him either.

And if I can hijack the thread for one second, thanks to Snippy for recommending Jack Johnson. Bought his second CD, and really liked the music and how it sounded through the Axioms, so picked up his first CD as well. Very good stuff to chill out to. Highly recommended.
Posted By: James_T Re: Bill Frissell recomendations - 03/29/04 11:04 PM
I have also never heard of Bill Frissell. And to continue the hijack. Jack's first album is also really good. Though I think the 2nd is mixed better, I really like Flake and Bubble Toes off the first album.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Bill Frissell recomendations - 03/29/04 11:24 PM
la da da da da daaaa
la da da da da da daa daaaaahhh...
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Bill Frissell recomendations - 03/30/04 02:12 AM
Well, I can't hold my water anymore. I also bought both Jack Johnson CDs based on the snipster's recommendation. They are pretty good and I have them in the "A" rotation.

BTW, Bill Frissell is my barber's ferrari mechanic, but I didn't know he could sing. Frankly, it doesn't appear as though anyone else knew he could sing either.

Getting back to the hijack subject (which clearly has more legs than the main subject), we have all remarked about the way the music enjoyment expands once the Axioms are plugged in and cooking. In the last month, my wife or I (whoever gets home first) cranks up the CD player as soon as we get through the door. We then spend the next hour or two preparing dinner, drinking wine and eating dinner while the music plays. It's really been a nice facet to add to the daily routine.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Bill Frissell recomendations - 03/30/04 07:18 AM
Ray3,

You must pay through the nose for your haircuts if your barber drives a Ferrari.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Bill Frissell recomendations - 03/30/04 02:41 PM
Actually, I pay extra for the nasal hair trim. He is an absolute genius in that area. Before I started going to him, everytime I sneezed I looked like a party favor.
© Axiom Message Boards