Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Haoleb M3ti, ok i guess theyre just "good" - 03/23/04 05:29 PM
Saw this one over at the asylum. And dont anyone go over there going on about how good you think they are because that would look really stupid.

http://www.audioasylum.com/scripts/t.pl?f=speakers&m=156829
Posted By: pmbuko Re: M3ti, ok i guess theyre just "good" - 03/23/04 05:37 PM
After slogging through the introductory bit (talk about brand-name dropping...), the review was actually quite interesting. The fact that the M3s seemed to do everything right except excite him was interesting. I hope he gets the chance to hook them up to tubes and see if that changes his opinion.
Posted By: BrenR Re: M3ti, ok i guess theyre just "good" - 03/23/04 06:47 PM
Hmm... I'd say that the best possible review an Axiom product could get is a good review anywhere and a bad review at Audio Asylum.

He complains about a "neutral tonal balance which is perhaps not always such a good thing" --*foleyed sound of needle scratched across vinyl*-- with a comment like that, I'm thinking he's into EQ origami, those guys who set EQ sliders like they're DIP switches.

Maybe the guy's experience would have been better if he had been using these interconnects http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/98797.html?

Bren R.
Posted By: jakewash Re: M3ti, ok i guess theyre just "good" - 03/23/04 08:45 PM
I find it interesting that some compared them to Floorstanders and they still say the M3's are OK. Kind of makes me wonder how just how good their more expensive floorstanders are.
Posted By: nowave Re: M3ti, ok i guess theyre just "good" - 03/24/04 11:29 PM
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. This review kind of reminds me of reviews that say a product did/did not get their "toe tapping." Every time I read that crap line I pretty much stop listening and read on for a good laugh.

I seems that the reviewer just doesn't like a neutral speaker, and wants something more colored. Probably like the mid-bass hump in the M3, but also wanted a mid-treble hump and a rolled off upper-high end. I think that's what the reviewer means by "exciting" or whatever.

I think if they would have paid $600 for the speaker, they would be writing something completely different. Some people just don't like it if they didn't pay a lot for it.
Posted By: Stbean Re: M3ti, ok i guess theyre just "good" - 03/25/04 06:49 PM
"Even though all of the individual traits seem to do everything right, something's wrong. I find them boring."

Wow...the gods have spoken. He found them boring.
I guess theyre supposed dance naked on top of the table
for him, or maybe bust out a crazy banjo solo =P.
Posted By: Ajax Re: M3ti, ok i guess theyre just "good" - 03/25/04 07:19 PM
I found HIM boring.
Posted By: BrenR Re: M3ti, ok i guess theyre just "good" - 03/26/04 02:29 AM
In reply to:

bust out a crazy banjo solo

What's the least used phrase in the English language?

"Hey, isn't that the banjo player's Porsche?"

Bren R.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: M3ti, ok i guess theyre just "good" - 03/26/04 05:40 AM
Obviously, you haven't heard (of) Bela Fleck!
© Axiom Message Boards