Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/02/04 10:10 PM
now averaging just over 6.437 posts per day -- (and that's counting the leap day.)

Just don't tell my boss.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/02/04 10:13 PM
which boss should we not tell, the one who pays you, or the one you pay?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/03/04 12:56 AM
The one I pay is quite aware of my obsession. Just last night, she was looking over my shoulder and suggested I make a post about how the Axiom Forum has a low WAF....
Posted By: littleb Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/03/04 01:54 AM
My wife used to be like that. But, now I think she is a little relieved I'm hanging with youz guyz rather than chatting with teens or plotting the overthrow of the government or any other devious thing I could do on this internet thingy.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/03/04 03:01 AM
Happy anniversary! If she forgot to buy you a card, you might be able to use it later. It's interesting how that whole "Sell the wife" thing just cycles through automatic validation.
Posted By: Michael_A Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/03/04 01:39 PM
Hmmm... I thought we were supposed to plan on overthrowing our governments NEXT week???

No one ever tells me a damn thing.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/04/04 05:20 PM
speaking of overthrowing the gov't...

I just saw a video clip that's been going around my office. It's of my company's e-mail administrator using a dead monitor as target practice for his Remington pump-action shotgun. I asked a coworker about him and he apparently has a large cache of weapons and MREs buried in a large field somewhere in Virginia. You don't get much of that out here in California...
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/04/04 07:31 PM
we have the TEXAS REPUBLIC in my parts.. talk about being 'out there'.. these guys are under the delusion that TEXAS, as a separate state/country, would be better off on its own as opposed to being 'lumped' in with the rest of the US of america. there are small pods/groups through out the state that have formed small militia's, and are arming up and preparing for the 'revolution'.. some of the hardcore believers, have even formed small communities where they form their 'own' laws and social guidelines. they rebel against all 'foreign' forms of govt(any other than their own), and refuse to abide by state and national laws.(taxes, law enforcement, etc)..

now, i am proud to be a TEXAN, as ya'll all know.. but, to me, this is going a little too far.. i am a card carrying memeber of the NRA, but that doesnt necessarily mean that i believe everything that the NRA organization does.. as it stand right now, TEXAS is the best state in the union, so i see no need to change anything..

bigjohn
Posted By: Raindance Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/04/04 07:38 PM
I don't know whether this is an urban myth or reality, but rumor says that when Texas joined the union they reserved the right to leave peacefully later.

Anyone know more?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/04/04 07:52 PM
actually, yes, you are correct. TEXAS was annexed into the union, as opposed to being succedded like the rest of the states. with that, we were able to keep our states rights and original land deeds, and an individual government structure.. but that was 1845, since then, TEXAS has essentially become just a normal state and is no longer viewed as an 'annexed' state, but as a common state. the only real visual proof of the annexition, is that TEXAS can display its state flag at equal mast to the US flag.. in other states, their flags are always displayed shorter, or below, the US flag.. nor do we have to 'dip' the TEXAS flag to the US flag during parades and displays.

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/04/04 09:55 PM
I won't debate you on what the best state in the Union is... but I will say that Texas is not the least favorite state I've visited....
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/05/04 01:21 PM
peter, i have been to california once, and i cant say i was too fond of it. too much traffic, too much urban sprawl, and too many rude people.. i have become acustom to the slow pace and laid back attitude of small town life, so cali was just a bit much for me.. but then again, someone from cali would find my little town to be an absolute bore.. i guess it just depends on what you are used to..

my least favorite state i have visited.....MISSISSIPPI.. unless you like potholes, 110% humidity, and greasy spoon restaurants(and i mean greasy), then i would stay away.

bigjohn
Posted By: Zarak Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/06/04 12:15 AM
Hmmm...if Texas has stayed seperate we'd wouldn't have the Cowboys football or Bush as president! Oopppss...guess it was my turn to get too political.
Posted By: Michael_A Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/06/04 03:16 AM
Never thought of that. Thank God for Texas!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Wow, it's my 1-year Axiom anniversary. - 04/06/04 01:07 PM
dont forget about the DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS!!!

i would rather hang out with them than george w.. he is the quinessential 'good ole boy'.. with that being said, it doesnt necessarily make him qualified to run the country.
© Axiom Message Boards