Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Whoah! - 04/16/04 07:23 AM
If you're into ambient music -- and I didn't think I was until I heard this -- take a look at 9-beet-stretch.

It's Beethoven's 9th Symphony stretched out in time so that it takes a complete 24 hours to play through. That's about 20 times slower than normal. I don't know how the stretching was done so smoothly, while still maintaining the rich textures of voices and stringed instruments. It's downright wacky, I tell you.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Whoah! - 04/16/04 08:04 AM
Peter, I think that I prefer Solti or Von Karajan.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Whoah! - 04/16/04 01:58 PM
Nah, Stoli's not as good as Grey Goose or Belvedere.

Oh, wait....
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Whoah! - 04/16/04 03:35 PM
Nothing beats the Grey Goose
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Whoah! - 04/16/04 04:50 PM
I'm a big fan of Ketel One.

Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Whoah! - 04/16/04 06:55 PM
Heh. 2 posts to a thread hijack.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Whoah! - 04/16/04 07:14 PM
You guys are hopeless. All Vodka tastes the same, didn't you know that?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Whoah! - 04/16/04 07:28 PM
Riiiiight...

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Whoah! - 04/16/04 07:34 PM
... after half a bottle they do!
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Whoah! - 04/16/04 08:11 PM
I'm not sure if it is the bottle of vodka "mellowing out" or "breaking in," but after I finish about half of the bottle, it starts to taste less harsh, less bright, and I feel more laid back. Maybe it IS me breaking myself into the BOTTLE after all...

Who'd a thought I'd have an epiphany like that over a bottle of vodka?

ps - I hate Vodka, even the Belvedere - it's like sucking on a cotton ball full of rubbing alcohol to me. I much prefer Bourbon - the cheaper the better (Jim Beam) - although I do have a weak spot for Maker's Mark.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Whoah! - 04/16/04 10:07 PM
I'm not partial to it, either, but that's the first thing that popped into my head when I read John's post. I used to love the stuff, then I discovered there was more to drinking than not remembering doing it...
© Axiom Message Boards