Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bigjohn TORONTO CONCERT - 04/22/04 09:30 PM
i just wanted to make the canadiens in, and around the toronto area aware of a local concert. a band called 'THE LOS LONELY BOYS' from my hometown of san angelo, tx, will be playing at the HORSESHOE TAVERN, on wednesday, MAY the 12th..

they are 3 man band(all brothers), and have a blues/rock/tejano sound that is one of a kind. i promise, you havent heard a band with this unique of a sound in a long time. their live show is absolutely incredible, lots of energy and extremely entertaining.. this band is worth every penny of the admission price.. if you have the chance, go see them. you will be impressed!

BTW- they are currently on a coast to coast tour, so go here to see if they are playing near you.

bigjohn
Posted By: BrenR Re: TORONTO CONCERT - 04/22/04 09:32 PM
In reply to:

canadiens

Psst... in English it's Canadians... Les Canadiens (KAA-Nah-Diehn) is the French (and Montreal's hockey team).

Bren R.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: TORONTO CONCERT - 04/22/04 11:07 PM
I thought it was Les Habitants
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: TORONTO CONCERT - 04/22/04 11:17 PM
Those of the Great White North (tongue in cheek )

Definitely go with what BigJohn said about Los Lonely Boys.

I saw them last year at Willie's Fourth of July Picnic and John is correct.

If you have the chance to experience them, you will not regret it...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: bigjohn Re: TORONTO CONCERT - 04/22/04 11:38 PM
being that they are from san angelo, i have seen these guys about 10 times over the last 3 years. literally saw them play for about 15 people on a thursday night a few years back. now, they are going coast to coast, been on letterman, conan, and jimmy kimmel show, and are playing 20,000 seat arenas.. i just think its pretty cool for those guys..

bren- apologies about the misspell.. that would be like callin me a texen, eh??

bigjohn
© Axiom Message Boards