Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme CraigSub Photos - 04/22/04 09:45 PM
As promised here are the photos Craig provided me...

Mr. Craigsub himself. Standing next to a Onix Ref 3.

Axiom M22ti and Rocket ELT Cse

Some subs. The Hsu STF-1, Hsu VTF-3 MKII, and the Rocket UWF-10.

Posted By: Ajax Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/22/04 10:14 PM
Thanks Spiff.

Nice stands under the 22 and Cse. Are they 24"?
Posted By: James_T Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/22/04 10:25 PM
And if they are where did you get them from? I am in the market for some 24in stands for my 22s. They are currently on shorter stands then on some thick hardbound books to raise them higher.

jr
Posted By: Ajax Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/22/04 10:46 PM
I think Mark Shifter of av123 (Rocket speakers) sent them to Craig. However, I just perused the av123 web site, and I can't find any speaker stands. Craig will have to explain.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/23/04 12:38 AM
craigsub looks so darn serious there, and dressed rather dapper.
Just how formal are these listening sessions anyway? Tux rentals required?

Lovely pics as usual spiff.
My wife and i are contemplating getting a refurbished unit of the same model as yours. Canon A70 right?
Posted By: getoffb Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/23/04 12:50 AM
I don't think spiff took the pics, just resized, adjusted, and hosted. Could be wrong though...
Posted By: craigsub Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/23/04 03:36 AM
My bride took the pics, and for whatever reason, I look pissed off in pictures... as far as the clothes... that is casual work look... nothing fancy...
spiff... thanks for posting...much appreciated !
Posted By: spiffnme Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/23/04 07:01 AM
Indeed, I did not take the pics, I just tweaked them a bit. But yes, I have the Canon A70.

- the other Craig

Posted By: curtis Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/23/04 03:30 PM
yeah...I think I would look happier than that if I was standing to my own Ref.3
Posted By: BigWill Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/23/04 05:52 PM
I agree. The finish on that speaker looks gorgeous from the pic. If it sounds half as good as it looks, that's some seriously nice stuff!
Posted By: snippy Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/23/04 06:19 PM
Does the Ref 3 sound similar to the Rockets?
Posted By: curtis Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/23/04 06:31 PM
The Ref series from AV123 sounds entirely different than the Rockets.

I have heard the Ref1 a few times...it is a very nice monitor style speaker that I enjoy.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/23/04 06:50 PM
Speakers can be like women (and men): Sometimes the beauty is only skin/veneer deep.

Disclaimer: this is a general statement and is not directed specifically at the beautiful speaker depicted.
Posted By: Ajax Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/24/04 06:23 PM
In reply to:

And if they are where did you get them from? I am in the market for some 24in. stands for my 22s.

James R,

Heres what Craig had to say over at the spot:

"The stands are Metal Technology 30 inch high stands, and I think AV123 sells them for $179 for a pair. They actually look like they were made for the Axioms.

I think Craig got the price wrong. I did a quick search and here is the cheapest price I could find on the 24 inch model. You might do better.

Petre posted photos and info about his stands over at the SPOT. You might check them out.
Posted By: BigWill Re: CraigSub Photos - 04/25/04 06:36 PM
It seems like beauty is almost ALWAYS only skin deep in women - until they mature. I've taught high schoolers for almost 10 years now - the prettiest girls are almost always insufferable. When they're pretty AND nice people I feel like high-fiving them and giving them a trophy!
© Axiom Message Boards