Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ravisudhir Good price for Denon 2200? - 04/26/04 08:18 PM
Hi folks

I have decided to get the Denon 2200 as my universal player. Unfortunately, I missed refurbished sale at ecost. A local Denon dealer is willing to sell a brand-new one for $535. Is this a good price? I can find it for slightly cheaper prices from non-authorized dealers on the Internet like B & H but Denon says the warranty is void. Any thoughts?

Ravi
Posted By: getoffb Re: Good price for Denon 2200? - 04/26/04 08:31 PM
Thats a decent deal I supoose considering that you still get the warranty with it and don;t have to hassle with shipping back and forth if something ever happened to it.
Posted By: ravisudhir Re: Good price for Denon 2200? - 04/29/04 06:25 PM
Thanks, I finally got the Denon 2200 at the local dealer. Initial impressions are very good. I have a few questions, though.

I am using the progressive out from Denon to Samsung DLP 61". The TV upconverts all signals to 720p, I think. In that case, is it worthwhile using progressive output at all?

For the audio, I am using the bass management in my Harman Kardon 525 receiver at 80 Hz crossover for SACD. Consequently, I set the speakers to large with sub on, in the Denon. Has anyone tried this and have alternative suggestions?

My system;
Harman kardon 525 receiver
Denon 2200 DVD player
Samsung HLN61W DLP RP TV
Axiom M22s, VP150, QS8s and Hsu VTF-2.
Posted By: ravisudhir Re: Good price for Denon 2200? - 04/30/04 02:12 PM
What happened to everyone? I cannot believe nobody has an opinion on this.

Ravi
© Axiom Message Boards