Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bigjohn IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 07:52 PM
for those who didnt know, my wife is pregnant, and we just got back from her 31 week sonogram. it is a boy.

everything was looking fine.. the heart, stomach, and bladder were forming well. the heart rate was 142 beats a minute, and the weight is approx 4 3/4 lbs. using normal growth rates, they expect the baby to be 7 1/2 lbs at full term. arms and legs had all fingers and toes, and it was in breech position at last sonogram, but has flipped, and is now head down. we will be doing a scheduled c-section during the 2nd week of august

this will be my second child, and last if i have any control over it. dont get me wrong, kids are cool, but i never was a big fan of 'eight is enough' or 'the waltons'. plus, those dang kids are cutting into my HT funds.

bigjohn
Posted By: BigWill Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 07:57 PM
Congratulations, bigjohn! Wonderful stuff. I hope he's born with cleats on!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 08:03 PM
Congrats!

I have nothing valuable to say here, because I'm not a parent.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 08:28 PM
In reply to:

I hope he's born with cleats on!

I guarantee you Mrs. BigJohn is not hoping the same thing!

OUCH!

Posted By: pmbuko Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 08:42 PM
Congrats, John! I didn't know this was kid #2.

I'm curious, is the C-section for health reasons? Don't answer if I'm being too nosy or personal.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 08:50 PM
jacob(our first) was born due to an emergency c-section. so once they do one c-section, they just do the rest that way. i dont know the scientific logic behind it, but thats what they said they were gonna do. shannon teaches anatomy/gen phys. at the local college, so if there was something goofy with their decision, she would know..

plus, i think she dont mind getting to miss the whole labor pains anyway.

bigjohn
Posted By: JSkip Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 09:02 PM
John, so you are adding to SA's population. Glad to hear everything is well with mom and child. I have two (12 and 16) and that is enough. My plan is to retire in 10 years when my daughter is 22 and hopefully out of college.

Best wishes, John
Posted By: JohnK Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 09:23 PM
Looks good, John, but seven more and you could have a baseball team.
Posted By: Ajax Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 09:53 PM
Very happy for you both, John. I may have missed it, but did you say your firstborn is also a boy? I'm guessing that because you said you wanted a girl
Posted By: BrenR Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 10:14 PM
In reply to:

Very happy for you both, John. I may have missed it, but did you say your firstborn is also a boy?

Whoa, Jack... how's the Old Timer's disease?

(Check the subject line... It's a boy... again!)

Bren R.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 10:15 PM
Congrats, Big Guy...

Having only two children, one a girl, 22, married and living in Louisiana and the other, a boy, 12, currently away at Scout Camp, I can say that we have had an easier time with the boy...Girls are great until they hit puberty...but some do better than others...ours was in the others category.

Congrats nonetheless...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Ajax Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 10:39 PM
In reply to:

....how's the Old Timer's disease?

I'ts unwise to make fun of your future, Bren.
Posted By: denver Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 11:25 PM
QUOTE: "this will be my second child, and last if i have any control over it." /QUOTE

Ummm, you have complete control over it, but perhaps not in a way that you would find agreeable . . .

Our first child was delivered by c-section, and the second vaginally, 19 years ago, without any problem. I think it's a myth that one c-section requires that all subsequent births be c-sections. You might investigate a bit further, unless your wife would just as soon have another c-section.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/09/04 11:47 PM
Here's an article on the subject of VBAC..

In summary, it's not always possible, but often is.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/10/04 12:12 AM
bigjohn - I am really happy for you. Of course, having 2 daughters (who I love dearly), I am also a bit envious. Just doing a little thinking through the gene pool issues, I am predicting that your food bill when the reach the teenage years will be pretty impressive. When the girls brought their boyfrined over during high school, we pretty much fed them using a trough and front loader.

Since you are a pizza short of having your own zip code ( I would require three pizzas) , your pick up truck will be hauling daily freight in #303 cans and sides of beef from Sam's Club before too long. Given your description of daily life around bigjohn Manor, the whole experience that will unfold over the next few years for you is something to look forward to. Until they get big enough to overpower you for that last rib!!

By the way - please steer them away from that unfortunate cone fetish you have. Give our best to Shannon.
Posted By: BigWill Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/10/04 01:29 AM
The zipper is already there, I would probably opt for a second c-section if we were to have another.

Posted By: Michael_A Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/10/04 02:38 AM
Congratulations!!!

Have you picked out a sidearm for him yet? Ya might wanna start with a Derringer. You can take him up to Bren's place on his first birthday, and blast his first woodchuck...
Posted By: INANE Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/10/04 03:28 AM
CONGRATZ!

Seems lot of my friends are starting to have kids, I kinda like it actually, to see it all happen before it finnaly happens to me.

Posted By: BigWill Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/10/04 03:43 AM
Very cool pics of your progress, INANE! The bathtub in the HT should come in handy for viewing "Spartacus" and such.
Posted By: spongeworthy Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/10/04 10:22 AM
Congratulations. Did you see any Longhorns in that sonogram? Grab the opprotunity. "Honey, you would deny our child the safety of the Epic 80 baby monitor system?".
Posted By: bigjohn Re: IT'S A BOY.........AGAIN - 06/10/04 01:39 PM
epic 80 baby monitor system, now thats funny.

thank ya'll for all the kind words.. shannon deserves all the credit, i didnt do much.

ray-not looking forward to the food bill. i remember when i was a kid, i have no idea how my parents didnt have to get second jobs just to feed me. i have a plan though.. beans and rice. cheap and filling.

inane- WOW, thats quite a job you got going there. having an axiom HT as a reward should be plenty of incentive to get it finished. good luck on your continued progress.

bigjohn
© Axiom Message Boards