Axiom Home Page
Posted By: PapaJimH SoCal Prog Rock Festival - July 3 - 06/12/04 04:29 AM
If any of you audio-heads are progressive rock fans (you remember Yes, Genesis and ELP right?) then please check this out:

Mike Keneally Band (former Frank Zappa Guitarist)
Enchant
Izz
Erik Norlander
and special guest Neal Morse (Spock's Beard, Transatlantic)

July 3 from 11am to 11pm in Whittier California. Click the link below.
Posted By: Edsynth Re: SoCal Prog Rock Festival - July 3 - 06/12/04 06:07 AM
wow yea Jim, every time I read about SoCal I wish I could go. Now if it was out here on the East coast I..

(Edsynth does a double take, rubs his eyes and looks again)

Holy crap..... Jim, what the heck are you doing here? This is just too much! I never would have guessed i'd run in to my favorite progressive rock web radio DJ on the Axiom boards. What a small world. How's it going?

I just bought some of these speakers recently and they are just fantastic. I can't reccomend them highly enough. I got the M22ti's for fronts and the QS8 surrounds. My 5.1 system never sounded so good.

I haven't been around www.thedividingline.com lately. I'll have to stop by and catch Papa J's matinee soon. I need my fix
Posted By: PapaJimH Re: SoCal Prog Rock Festival - July 3 - 06/12/04 02:48 PM
Hey Ed, how ya been bud? Someone at the Portnoy board directed me here during a discussion of music on 5.1 and I knowing NOTHING about it so I started asking questions in the audio forum. The people here have been really cool and taken me under their wings so to speak. I'm laboring about how to make this plunge. I keep hearing how wonderful these speakers are, and now YOUR endorsement has probably pushed me over the edge. I have been teetering whether to start with a receiver or the speakers.

Anyways, stop by the Matinee some time. Erik Norlander will be co-hosting tonight.

Later
Posted By: PapaJimH Re: SoCal Prog Rock Festival - July 3 - 06/19/04 09:01 PM
Just 2 weeks left music lovers!
© Axiom Message Boards