Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme pics of MY cables - 06/21/04 11:09 PM
Well finally got around to getting these made.

They consist of Canare 4S11 cable, techflex, heat shrink, and some nice banana plugs. They turned out better than I expected.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: pics of MY cables - 06/21/04 11:20 PM
Those are pretty sweet! I bet you could charge an arm and a leg for those, if you were so inclined. Just spray paint the technoflex purple and come up with some fancy technospeak description to exaplain their amazing performance and you're all set!
Posted By: JohnK Re: pics of MY cables - 06/21/04 11:53 PM
Yeah Craig, just follow Peter's suggestions and $100/ft should be easy. How do you think Noel Lee and Ray Kimber got started?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: pics of MY cables - 06/22/04 12:00 AM
It's crazy how cheap cable is if you buy it in bulk. Cable that is typically $2/ft can be had for nearly 1/10th that price if you buy it 1000' at a time. The money being made selling speaker cables is just crazy.

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: pics of MY cables - 06/22/04 12:27 AM
Very Nice! What kind of bananas are those? I just bought some frome parts express (Dayton). They didn't have the build quality I was expecting.

Just think, If you get them cyrogenicaly (is that a word?)treated you could charge $800 a set .

Nice work.

Tom

Posted By: spiffnme Re: pics of MY cables - 06/22/04 12:29 AM
I used these bananas. They're really great quality plugs.

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: pics of MY cables - 06/22/04 12:48 AM
I like the locking feature. They look like WBT bananas.
Thanks for the information.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: pics of MY cables - 06/22/04 02:48 AM
Gorgeous. Great job! Maybe I'll give mine another shot...
Posted By: ksimple Re: pics of MY cables - 06/22/04 06:29 AM
Those looks sweeeet. What braided wrap did you get? I like yours better. I'm getting all the supplies for mine next set on Wed. I'll post some more pics too. (Canare & WBT). Then the M60s are coming in a couple of weeks. I can't wait.....
Posted By: bigjohn Re: pics of MY cables - 06/23/04 05:37 PM
nice job craig.. those look really excellent.

bigjohn
Posted By: spiffnme Re: pics of MY cables - 06/23/04 05:56 PM
I'd like to try and make a nice pair of interconnects now. Anybody got any tips for me?

Posted By: md55 Re: pics of MY cables - 06/23/04 09:54 PM
What do you think of the locking banana's in actual use? I see the same source has locking RCA's.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: pics of MY cables - 06/23/04 11:05 PM
They work pretty well, and are very easy to operate.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: pics of MY cables - 06/26/04 08:20 PM
What size techflex and heat shrink did you use?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: pics of MY cables - 06/28/04 05:16 PM
3/8" techflex
...gotta check on the heat shrink.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: pics of MY cables - 06/28/04 07:59 PM
Cool. The heat shrink is really confusing at cableorganizer, but I recall someone saying 3:1 is best. Did you get the techflex at cableorganizer or somewhere else?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: pics of MY cables - 06/29/04 08:05 AM
I got the techflex and heat shrink from partsexprees.com. I got the cable from Blue Jeans, and the bananas from Ebay.

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: pics of MY cables - 06/29/04 02:52 PM
Another good place to buy Canare is Westlake electronics
http://www.westlake-electronic.com
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: pics of MY cables - 07/08/04 05:51 AM
This has been a good read. I have been thinking of making some cables but I want to use Eichmann silver bullets. Has anybody here done a DYI cable using these?
© Axiom Message Boards