Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/23/04 05:59 PM
It's been far too long since Ian and Amie gave away some loot, no? Especially since I didn't win any of their previous give-aways.

hell ya man.. i am all about some free stuff!!

where do i sign up??

i know i havent been here very long(5 months), but i have never seen them do ANY contests?? as usual, the good stuff ends when i get here..

bigjohn
Ditto! I'd love the chance to win free axiom gear!

I've promised my (much)younger brother a pair of M3s or M2s when he moves out from the 'rents and gets his on apartment. So a pair of those would be great!

jr
Spiff,

You mean there are actual contests with prizes. WOW! Count me in.
Posted By: INANE Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/24/04 03:40 AM
So when our parents said "n"othing in life is free" they were wrong?

I SURE hope so!

Posted By: Haoleb Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/24/04 04:09 AM
Yeah last time someone got the whole HT system. We need a contest for hawaii members only

Posted By: Amie Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/24/04 01:38 PM
It's weird. It's as though you're telepathic! There's a contest in today's newsletter! But you'll have to work for it . . .
Is it linked on the site yet? I see the May newsletter...
Posted By: Ajax Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/24/04 02:45 PM
But.......I'm alergic to work. WORK! It makes me break out in money! I hate it when that happens.
Contest?....Free Stuff?....You have my attention.
well come on amie.. ya got plenty of interest here.. give us some detail..

as ringmir stated, the newsletter just shows may.. no contest..?? no prizes..?? no fun..??

give us the info!!

bigjohn
I get the newsletter by e-mail, but haven't received the June one yet. Then, when I clicked the link for the newsletter on the web, I get the May letter. Any help finding the new newsletter you guys are talking about.
I'm in the Capt's boat. I am also jonesing for the letter now!
Free stuff! Woot!

jr
great... but, uh... how or where do I get the newsletter?

-jim
hey Jimilla
check out the Axiom homepage. Halfway down the page on the right-hand side is the sign up for the newsletter (called the Axiom audiofile).
Posted By: Haoleb Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 04:52 AM
I think maybe amie is talking about the sending in ideas thing in the may newsletter? It doesnt show it on the link on their homepage but those who got it in an email know what im talking about... I sent my ideas in
Posted By: Amie Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 11:41 AM
This is so weird - I sent it on a break from our photo shoot yesterday at noon and it still hasn't arrived anywhere? Have to look into this with our provider.

Meanwhile, cheat sheet while I get the links updated site-wide:
June 2004 AudioFile.

Photo shoot - what can we expect new on the site? I wonder....
Posted By: Amie Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 03:23 PM
Actually, it's for a {gasp} print ad! in Panorama, the Porsche owners' magazine. What do you think of this shot of Joe and his Porsche?

Posted By: bray Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 03:50 PM
Amie
(Good) shot. I could have given you a (great) shot.
Maybe a trade out some day.????
Read my bio. I'll send you my book if you would like.
Bray
Posted By: Ajax Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 04:39 PM
Judging by the front license plate, it looks like Joe ran into the VP150. I hate it when that happens. I run over mine all the time.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 06:43 PM
The real question is how does he fit all those speakers in the car? Must be one heck of a car stereo though

Heres another one for the contest amie:

"Ssshhh, Its Starting"
Posted By: pmbuko Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 06:45 PM
I submitted some good ones -- much better than the ones included in the vote IMHO -- but if I told you what they were I'd have to kill you.
Posted By: Amie Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 07:52 PM
Hey Bray, are you ever in the Ontario area? I'm dying to get to Texas, but preferably not lugging an Epic 80! And Joe, and a Porsche . . .
Posted By: bray Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 07:57 PM
Amie
I've never been to Ontario, but I'm sure it could be arranged.
Bray
Posted By: Amie Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 09:10 PM
Wow - over 200 entries and not everyone has the newsletter yet! Some of these are AMAZING!
Thanks! Please pick one of my many amazing slogans! Hehe.

jr
Posted By: pmbuko Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 10:20 PM
In reply to:

Some of these are AMAZING!

And I was counting on all the other entrants being unoriginal and fixated on cliches.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/25/04 10:23 PM
yeah, i could really use those M3's
Axiom Loudspeakers. High Fidelity exclusive to days that end in "y".
That leaves out tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. Not acceptable! I want my speakers to sound as good tomorrow (and after) as they do todaY.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/26/04 04:19 AM
In reply to:

High Fidelity exclusive to days that end in "y".

I feel sorry for those poor suckers in non-English-speaking countries.
I'm sorry to tell you guys, but I think that you're wasting your time. In addition to submitting a stellar slogan, I have offered up as a token of my loyalty to Axiom an offer to sacrifice and take a pair of less costly M2s in the place of the m3s.
Posted By: INANE Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 06/26/04 09:32 PM
LOL
"On July 2nd, a revised set of slogans will be posted."

So how's the slogan selection process going?

Posted By: Amie Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/06/04 06:17 PM
We were totally overwhelmed!!! I can't believe how many entries there were! We've narrowed it down to 100 to take a sub-vote internally, and I'll let you know as soon as we get the next vote ready. BTW, Axiom - Excellence by Design won outof the 7 posted slogans. Thanks to everyone who picked 'We'll give you an earful' as your 1,2, and 3rd choices!! Hahaha
Posted By: Amie Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/09/04 04:00 PM
New 'best-out-of-seven' are live!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/09/04 04:08 PM
Pardon the idiocy, but where?
Posted By: Haoleb Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/09/04 04:12 PM
Sigh... i dont think any of mine were in the top 7. Except "Excite your senses" sounds familair but i cant remmeber if its one of mine! lol!
Posted By: bray Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/09/04 04:35 PM
Where are the top seven posted??
Bray
Posted By: Haoleb Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/09/04 04:47 PM
Here: http://www.axiomaudio.com/slogans.htm
Posted By: pmbuko Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/09/04 08:43 PM
That's funny Haoleb. I'm pretty sure one of mine is in there, too, but I can't be sure.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/20/04 12:42 AM
So who won? Wasnt this thing supposed to be over last friday?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/20/04 12:57 AM
You mean they didn't call you?

I guess you didn't win.
Maybe all of the finalists should win? There has got to be some returned speakers laying around the Axiom HQ - enough for each guy to get a pair?
Might result in some QS and VP sales too, huh?
Posted By: INANE Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/21/04 04:39 AM
I vote that all finalists should win!

/evil grin

Posted By: Haoleb Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/21/04 06:19 AM
i take it you guys were among the finalists then huh! lol.
Posted By: Amie Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/29/04 01:58 AM
Anyone see the winner yet? Hint - it's in the newsletter!
YEAH! Congrats to whoever it was!

jr
Posted By: Haoleb Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/29/04 03:25 AM
aww man... i didnt win

I had a feeling that the excellence by design would win. I thought some of mine were good too

Congrats INANE
Posted By: INANE Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/29/04 04:08 AM
spanx all!

WOW, I can't believe I won! This is awesome.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/29/04 04:40 AM
ooooh jeez, are these grapes sour or what?

Congrats INANE!
Posted By: JohnK Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/29/04 05:18 AM
IN, good show! Just read the newsletter. Does that wording mean that you also submitted the runner-up? Now you've got to work on a generous trade-up arrangement.
Posted By: JBG Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/29/04 12:23 PM
anyone have the latest newsletter, I didn't receive it, can someone please sent me the link

many thanks
Posted By: BBIBH Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/29/04 03:52 PM
Good job INANE.....enjoy!!!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/30/04 02:04 AM
INANE, the only thing better than winning yourself is knowing someone who won. Nice work.

Damn! I can't believe that "Axioms - not your father's Oldsmobile and you can't eat just one" didn't even get an honorable mention.
Posted By: INANE Re: About time for another Axiom contest, no? - 07/30/04 03:59 AM
LOL

I guess I actually was the runner up, to Ian's slogan so they decided he doesn't deserve any more speakers so I get the contest ones.

This is esp great since I don't yet own any Axioms. I am getting close to being able to pull the perverbial trigger but having the M3's in the meantime will be VERY nice.

thx again all

© Axiom Message Boards