Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ksimple One more set of cables - 06/24/04 07:07 AM
Well, I just finished what will be my main speaker cables. What do you think? It was another fun project.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ksimple2004/album?.dir=/4e6b
Posted By: Ajax Re: One more set of cables - 06/24/04 11:48 AM
Really nice! Tell us about the cable and the connectors. What is/are it/they and where did you get it/them?
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: One more set of cables - 06/24/04 02:52 PM
They turned out great! It looks like WBT bananas and Canare 4s11 cable. Dressed with Tech flex and heat shrink.

Nice!
Posted By: ksimple Re: One more set of cables - 06/24/04 06:43 PM
tleigh, right on the nose. I've never seen the WBT connectors in person before. They are well constructed and a great idea. I was less than thrilled about the diameter of the termination point for the actual cable. Its diameter is somewhere around 5/16". I really wanted the cable to be centered on the barrel of the connector, but that was not possible with the huge diameter. So, I had to improvise, and took some spare parts and solder them to 'fatten' up the diameter of the cable. I'll probably never use them again. Not really worth the price in my opinion. Oh, well, ya live and learn.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: One more set of cables - 06/24/04 07:07 PM
The WBT stuff is expensive. I wish Canare would come out with a banana. I use Canare for everything. My speaker wire is the Liberty Ultracap 12/2, it looks like a high end garden hose with the tech flex . I used the carbon fiber tech flex.

I've had a few projects with WBT, I know exactly what your saying.

Tom
© Axiom Message Boards