Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ajax Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 03:07 PM
You want your downer for the day? Check out this!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 03:19 PM
It's a shame that some people don't realize that this is just a hobby for most of us. It's supposed to be FUN.
Posted By: badger98 Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 05:03 PM
The link wouldn't work for me, but I am an AVS Forum member. Any chance you could describe the location of the thread you're talking about?

Posted By: Ajax Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 05:22 PM
Apparently the thread has been closed, either by AVS or by Craig himself. He posted the same thing over at the SPot.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 05:56 PM
so wait, what was this about.. the links aint workin.. are you saying that someone threatened craigsub?? was it online, or actually in person?? thats pretty chicken-$hit!!

i tell you, some people?? its just a stereo system, good lord.

bigjohn
Posted By: mwc Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 06:03 PM
The thread has apparently been booted from AVS and at the SPOT there is no mention of what was said and to whom it was said. Can you give us the gist of it?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 06:09 PM
Are you sure the SPot link isn't working? I just clicked on it and was taken right to Craigsub's post. although his name doesn't appear where it should. He is apparently, and understandably, closing out all his forum accounts.

Anyway, in case you are correct, here is the SPot post.

"Over the past couple of days, we have received e-mail threats from some person(s) who cannot get that this is supposed to be for fun.

Since I have no idea if the person(s) responsible are from here or another forum, And while it is likely a "prank", it is not worth the risk, so I am now out of the review hobby.

For those who enjoyed the interaction, thanks, and keep being cool.
"

A sad day for the entire forum concept.

Posted By: mwc Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 06:20 PM
Sorry jack, I did read that part.

I guess I was secretly hoping that there was a post with all the gory details. It's the voyeur (as in: An obsessive observer of sordid or sensational subjects.) in me I guess.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 06:24 PM
I'm sure he has nothing to worry about it, but that is some BS.

Whose products has he slammed? Maybe it was the CEO of Bose and he's coming after us all!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 06:25 PM
No sweat Mike. Understandably, Craig was "mum" on the details, which is frustrating to us all. But from what little I know, though it is probably a prank, the criminal had information he/she shouldn't have been able to have, and the threats were made in a very sophisticated manner. He is justifiably protecting himself and his family. What a horrible thing.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 06:46 PM
agreed.. its one thing if some guy writes a post and says he wants to kick my a$$, etc.. i can deal and laugh it off. but its a whole other thing if that guy CALLS my house, or even makes physical contact with me.. thats crossing a line..

i dont blame him.. kinda stinks.. i always thought his reviews and information were very helpful.

bigjohn
Posted By: mwc Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 06:52 PM
In reply to:

What a horrible thing.

Absolutely! I wish him well and will miss his great reviews and his infectious enthusiasm for the "hobby".
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 09:53 PM
There are days, and this is one of them, where I marvel at the manner in which some brains function. Exceptionally disappointing. My sincere hope is that Craig pursues the issue and the guy is smoked. What a shame.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/08/04 11:16 PM
Craig asked my to tell you all "hi" and pass along his thanks for your kind words and support.
Posted By: INANE Re: Unbelievably Sickening - 07/09/04 04:37 AM
Most unfortunate, jsut sad
© Axiom Message Boards