Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CosmicVoyager OT- Blackout Draperies - 07/29/04 01:51 AM

I know this is a strange post... Anyway my wife and I were out shopping last Sunday and of course I got stuck going to Linens and Things. Incase you don't what a Linens and Things is, its a place that sells household products like towels or pots and pans.
I actually found an Item that I was interested in, go figure.
I found draperies that will actually blackout a room. The price varies depending on the size of the window. I had to buy 3 packs, which provided 6 panels for my home theater. My wife approved which made the deal even better. When installed they look like the liner of a drape (not ugly).
Well, these actually work no more glare on the RPTV and the room is a lot cooler. It really takes a lot to get me excited, really .

If interested go here http://www.roc-lon.com/
ALL-IN-ONE TLCtm BLACKOUT DRAPERIES

Again, I know it's way off topic, but these babies will definitely turn an ordinary room into a nice theater environment.

Tom

Posted By: Zarak Re: OT- Blackout Draperies - 07/29/04 01:54 AM
Already using them

I've found one problem...they make the bar that hangs the drapes too heavy. It sags down now and I haven't come up with a good way to reinforce it better. At least it hasn't fallen out yet.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT- Blackout Draperies - 07/29/04 04:25 AM
Hmmm... How much space is there between your ceiling and the drooping rod? If it's a couple feet or less, you might be able to put in a ceiling hook right above the middle and use fishing line to support it. You probably wouldn't even notice it.
Posted By: Zarak Re: OT- Blackout Draperies - 07/29/04 11:29 AM
It's only about a foot, so that might not be a bad idea. I'd see the ceiling hook up there I guess, but that's about it. I assume you are talking about one of those hooks that goes up into the ceiling and has two little wing pieces that spread out after it goes into the hole to keep the hook from coming back out again, correct?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT- Blackout Draperies - 07/30/04 04:14 AM
Yeah, that's the hook I was thinking about. Another option is to use a smaller screw-in type hook and go directly into a stud. Painting either hook to match the ceiling color will help hide it.
© Axiom Message Boards