Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oldskoolboarder WAY WAY OT: Spare BMW parts - 08/09/04 09:26 PM
How's that for OT? Can't even begin to imagine where to start looking, did a google w/ no luck.

Here's the deal. I've got a 1999 BMW 528i wagon.

1) BMW have some of the worst cupholders. Germans probably don't drink on the autobahn, I wouldn't and I've driven there. That being said, I trying to find a place that sells the mechanisms (front and rear) so I can replace it myself. W/ kids, those cupholders keep the juice off the leather...

2) I broke the -/+ button on the climate control. I think the heat from the weekend broke the tab. Need to find a replacement button and not the whole climate control assembly.

Any leads would be appreciated. I'm not paying several hundreds of $$$ to change out $10 worth of parts. Yeah, I know, that's the cost of owning a BMW... Still a great driving car though.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: WAY WAY OT: Spare BMW parts - 08/09/04 10:37 PM
Have you tried calling non-dealer BMW mechanics? You might also have some luck if you join the Bay Area chapter of the BMW Car Club of America ($35/yr).
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: WAY WAY OT: Spare BMW parts - 08/09/04 11:04 PM
Thanks! I'll look at that next. I also found a Bimmer board where I posted. I've had some good experiences w/ messages boards!

BMW Board
© Axiom Message Boards