Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bigjohn BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/14/04 04:02 PM
morning fellas...

just thought i would let everyone know.. our new baby is here.. my wife went in for her scheduled c-section on wednesday morning, and everything turned out just fine. the new arrival, jackson cooper, arrived at 8:07 am.. he was 8 pounds even, and 21 inches long.

we are back home now, and shannons milk just came in last night, so that was a pleasant surprise this morning!! baby is very well and healthy, and mom is coming along fine also.

pics are coming soon.. been a little busy the last few days!!

bigjohn

Posted By: BigWill Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/14/04 05:15 PM
Congratulations! That was a scary time for me, but I'm sure it's easier second time around, eh?
Posted By: TweedleyD Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/14/04 05:19 PM
Congrats on the new arrival now the fun time begins loooool
Posted By: Ajax Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/14/04 06:08 PM
GREAT choice in names, John. Glad all went well. Give my regards to Shannon.
Posted By: James_T Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/14/04 06:24 PM
Congratulations!

jr
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/14/04 06:25 PM
Congratulations! The second time was just as scary for me. It is beautiful and awakening.

Have fun with your family.

Tom
Posted By: BBIBH Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/14/04 08:09 PM
Congrats, and all the best to the newest Axiom fan!!

Does he have an ID yet...so we can PM him of course!!
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/14/04 08:23 PM
Congrats BigJohn and everyone else who was involved!!!!!!
Posted By: TurboDog1 Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/14/04 10:33 PM
Congratulations BigJohn. Having recently joined the club, I can truly appreciate and share in your joy.
Posted By: JohnK Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/14/04 11:05 PM
Good show, John!; and even better show Shannon!
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/15/04 01:12 AM
Hey Congrats BigJohn! Best wishes to you, your wife, and the rest of family.

May God bless you all in good health and of course groovy toys for you, your wife, and indeed the little ones. lol

Sutter Cane
Posted By: Wid Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/15/04 02:35 AM
Congrats on the birth of your baby boy.We wish you and your family well.
Posted By: JSkip Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/15/04 01:50 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your son. Best wishes, health and happiness to all!

John
Posted By: Ray3 Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/16/04 12:15 AM
Congratulations to both you and Shannon, my friend!!! I'm guessing you haven't thought about it yet, but Jackson would undoubtedly like a pair of M2s for the nursery. I understand they are excellent for lullabys. . Give Shannon my best.
Posted By: ericb Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/16/04 12:26 AM
Congratulations to you and your family! I hope you got one of those "sleeps all the time, never fusses" models (me, I was never that lucky!).
Posted By: dmn23 Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/16/04 01:47 AM
Congratulations! Best wishes to all of you!
Posted By: rcvecc Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/16/04 02:07 AM
congrats to you and your family ,tonight my capitan and coke is for you.....ron
Posted By: pablo Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/16/04 03:07 AM
Congratulations bigjohn on the new arrival !! Best wishes to you and your newly expanded family.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/16/04 03:12 AM
gracias ya'll.. we are all doing fine..

i been having to brush up on my baby handling skills here in the past few days.. its been so long since my son was a child, i forgot most that i had learned.

i am heading back to work for the first day tomorrow after having 5 days off.. not looking forward to it.

later.

bigjohn
Posted By: INANE Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/16/04 04:29 AM
Congrats man, now get back to work.

J/K

Posted By: pmbuko Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/16/04 08:28 AM
Just remember, to get out of changing diapers, do a few early on but put them on really sloppy. Apply scotch tape liberally, preferable overlapping to the legs.

j/k I'm not sure why some guys balk at changing diapers. I've smelled worse things in my life than excreted carrots and peas.....
Posted By: joshxfoo Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/16/04 06:54 PM
Congrats, bigjohn! I can't even imagine raising a baby, but that's probably a good thing at my age (roughly half of yours, I imagine)

Good luck with everything, and try to get some sleep!
Posted By: joshxfoo Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/16/04 06:57 PM
In reply to:

I'm not sure why some guys balk at changing diapers. I've smelled worse things in my life than excreted carrots and peas.....

My youngest brother preferred the blueberry baby food. It didn't have any noticeable effect on the stinkiness, but I don't remember his poo ever being any color other than blue
Posted By: Ray3 Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/17/04 12:35 AM
The whole diaper changing thing didn't work very well for me. I gag very easily. Once we worked out thyat my wife got the solid ones and I did the wet ones, life got much better. My wife, by the way, is a wonderful person.

Interestingly, my daughters, as most babies seem to do, managed to produce waste almost exactly twice the amount of what they consumed. What's that about? Also, I don't EVER remember feeding them anything that smelled that bad. Not sure why I got off on this tear. After all, all they can do is eat, sleep and, well, process at that age. Thank God for diaper services.
Posted By: JSkip Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/17/04 01:10 AM
Ah, memories. I can remember one of the first times I changed my son's diaper (he is now 16 and 6 feet tall). As I was removing the old wet diaper and holding him up by the legs he decided that was a great time to relieve himself. It was as I used to call it a "power poop". He shot it all over the bathroom walls.

Can't wait to be a grandparent!!!
Posted By: mhorgel Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/17/04 01:53 AM
Congrats. Cherish these moments...they will be gone before you know it.

Mark
Posted By: les9596 Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/17/04 02:26 AM
"Interestingly, my daughters, as most babies seem to do, managed to produce waste almost exactly twice the amount of what they consumed. What's that about?"

It's whipped for extra fluffiness, like a Three Musketeers bar.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/17/04 03:43 PM
Woo hoo! Congrats, BigJohn!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: BABY HAS ARRIVED!!!! - 08/17/04 04:25 PM
I was away for a few days, but want to join the chorus of congratulations for Bigjohn and Shannon.

Children are a miraculous blessing.

Bigjohn, I'm happy for you that you continue to enjoy the rich blessings of family, and happy for our world that there will be more people in it like you.

"Each child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged with man." - Sir Rabindranath Tagore, Nobel Prize-winning poet (1861-1941)

My son Alex was born during the third quarter of a meaningless mid-season game between the Seattle Supersonics and the Golden State Warriors. I know this because we had the TV on in the birthing room during labor and delivery. As we had honestly not yet decided upon a name to shout at him for the next umpteen years, I suggested to my wife that we name him after the next player to score a basket. That plan was thrice foiled, as he ended up not being named Detlef, Latrell or Hersey.

Within seconds of being born, Alex's first act as a person was to pee on the attending nurse. It remains, in that boy-child way, a defining moment in his life.
© Axiom Message Boards