Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FordPrefect New UK Site - 08/20/04 09:16 PM
I just noticed it, now I can get my relatives spending some money.

Do you ship each order from Canada or is there a UK warehouse?
Posted By: Ajax Re: New UK Site - 08/20/04 10:08 PM
Hey! No link to the message boards in the toolbar on the UK site. We must've been bad. (There is a link at the bottom of the page)
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: New UK Site - 08/21/04 03:16 PM
I personally don't understand the use of the UK link. It's only the front page that's minorly different and no link to the Axiom message board. And in the UK, they speak English, so it's not like the website is becoming more accessible.

I'd rather concentrate on making the site in a different language. Spanish, Chinese Mandarin, Italian, French, etc... To have these languages available on their site would greatly improve their chance at targeting not only foreign markets but landed immigrants in Canada and the US, of which there are many millions.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: New UK Site - 08/21/04 03:39 PM
In reply to:

targeting not only foreign markets but landed immigrants in Canada and the US

i just got this image of christopher columbus or amerigo vespuchi sailing the atlantic with their M60's blaring away.

says christopher as he looks into the horizon, "bring me my compass.. and the remote, for that song rocks!!!!"

ok, just bein silly..

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New UK Site - 08/21/04 04:14 PM
The UK link, I'd say, is probably for pricing more than anything else. I agree on the other sites, but hey, you've gotta start somewhere.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: New UK Site - 08/21/04 04:53 PM
As stated the big thing is the pricing, also the fact that delivery is free. I don't think that previously existed anywhere except North Amerca, but I am subject to correction on that one.

I would move the link to the Message Board to the top of the page so it is more noticeable. I'd welcome posters from there to give us a bit more of an international flavour.

Posted By: Ajax Re: New UK Site - 08/21/04 05:18 PM
In reply to:

I would move the link to the Message Board to the top of the page so it is more noticeable. I'd welcome posters from there to give us a bit more of an international flavour.

Good point, Wayne. I love it when we have folks from other countries (Like Canada ) posting. Except, maybe, for all these crazy Aussies who've been invading the place lately.
© Axiom Message Boards