Axiom Home Page
Posted By: NeverHappy B&W Set-up - 09/04/04 10:14 PM
Love them or hate them but dam does this guy have a nice looking system!

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vhome&1067880900

and then there are the people with money to burn.....

http://cgim.audiogon.com/i/vs/s/f/1066962352.jpg
Posted By: Haoleb Re: B&W Set-up - 09/04/04 10:56 PM
Ive heard the Signature 800's before. Love em or hate em they are some DANG nice sounding speakers. a little out of my price range though.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: B&W Set-up - 09/04/04 11:42 PM
Damn! It must be nice to have that kind of cash flow. Then again, I have other priorities.

Maybe in my next life

Posted By: NeverHappy Re: B&W Set-up - 09/05/04 01:43 AM
No kidding. Life styles of the more money then I know what to do with crowd. That B&W set-up is the one I like. It just looks like it means business. I have to admit that for HT it probably sounds marginally better then what I run but I would love to hear it with music. I'm not bragging by saying that I just think you don't need to spend a ton to get a great HT. I have always thought the sub was the corner stone and then you build around it.

I'm a firm believer in thinking that you don't have to spend a ton of cash to get a great HT system. My Denon 3805 validated that for me once again. A good stereo set-up however has always been a bit more of a challenge
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: B&W Set-up - 09/05/04 03:38 AM
I really do love those B&W speakers. But for the price of a surround in Signature 800's, I can put a very nice down payment on some land. Or buy an Audi. Or just travel the world for three years.

I'll pass on the Signature 800's
Posted By: rcvecc Re: B&W Set-up - 09/05/04 06:11 AM
if the day ever comes that i have that kind of money to burn,those b&ws WILL be in my house!they sound awesome
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: B&W Set-up - 09/05/04 02:40 PM
I'm sorry but that stuff (both examples) seems to scream "look at me", real class is much more subtle.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: B&W Set-up - 09/05/04 03:17 PM
FordPrefect,

those speakers actually do sound very good. Just not worth thee 16k price tag, in my opinion.

I'll stick with M80's.
Posted By: Saturn Re: B&W Set-up - 09/05/04 04:21 PM
I have listened to the 800, 801 & 802. The 802 sounded the best in a regular rize room. I think the 800 & 801 suited big big rooms.

Posted By: rcvecc Re: B&W Set-up - 09/06/04 03:59 AM
FORD-I COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF CLASS SOMEONE IS TRYING TO SHOW WITH A PAIR OF SPEAKERS,BUT THOSE B&WS BLEW ME AWAY WHEN I HEARD THEM,IVE HEARD MORE EXPENSIVE SPEAKERS,BUT THOSE WERE THE NICEST ONES IVE HEARD,TOTALY DISSAPEARED IN THE ROOM....LET ME CHECK MY LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW
© Axiom Message Boards