Axiom Home Page
Posted By: NeverHappy World Cup - 09/05/04 05:44 PM
Anybody watching?

GO CANADA!!!!! God it's great to have hockey this time of year. :-)
Posted By: richeydog Re: World Cup - 09/05/04 08:33 PM
Hello NeverHappy! Its nice to see another hockey fan on
this forum. My boys(usa) sure make it difficult to watch
sometimes. Overall its great to see some action again.
Go Red Wings!!! Later, Mike.

Posted By: Ajax Re: World Cup - 09/05/04 09:12 PM
Alright Michael! Another Red Wings fan (I was born in Royal Oak). WooooHoooo! . It's tough being surrounded by all these fans of Canadian hockey teams. And, a large number of the USA guys aren't interested in Hockey. Nice to have you aboard!
Posted By: richeydog Re: World Cup - 09/05/04 10:39 PM
Appreciate your remarks Ajax. I've never lived in Michigan
but have been a wings fan since 1993. Hopefully the NHL
will resolve their issues and have a productive season. I
need to see some fights, checks, and high speed action.
Take care, Mike.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: World Cup - 09/05/04 11:00 PM
I have always liked the Wings. Any team that has Stevey Y is ok with me. Class act and a great hockey player.
Posted By: Ajax Re: World Cup - 09/05/04 11:07 PM
Stevie Y's my favorite guy. Didn't it make you sick to see him take the puck in his head during the playoffs last year? I wept!
Posted By: craigsub Re: World Cup - 09/05/04 11:10 PM
Speaking as a guy who cannot get across the ice on skates without injury, the NHL guys amaze me. They also seem to still love the fans....
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: World Cup - 09/05/04 11:11 PM
Yep and on a side note, I'm still choked he's not on Canada's team for the world cup.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: World Cup - 09/05/04 11:15 PM
In reply to:

They also seem to still love the fans....

Very good point. NHL players are known for the most part to be the guy's who will stop and sign autographs etc. There are not to many sports you can say that about.
Posted By: Ajax Re: World Cup - 09/06/04 12:35 AM
For me, half the fun of hockey is just watching them skate. What they can do is AWE INSPIRING!
Posted By: richeydog Re: World Cup - 09/06/04 01:37 AM
Yeah I second that Ajax. Sergei Fedorov, Alexi Kovalev, Mike Modano are few players that come to mind that define skating ability to its finest. The effortless motion they show when handling a puck is awesome.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: World Cup - 09/06/04 01:43 AM
2 Russians and one American. Don't like Canadian boy's or what? lol Just ribbing ya!
Posted By: craigsub Re: World Cup - 09/06/04 01:46 AM
Canadians CAN get even now... When the Blue Jays won the Series in 92 and 93... If memory serves, there were no Canadiens on the team ... How many Americans/Canadiens were on the Lightning this year ?
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: World Cup - 09/06/04 01:56 AM
On the active roster Tampa had 14 Canucks and 3 Americans. 7 more from outside North America.
Posted By: craigsub Re: World Cup - 09/06/04 02:00 AM
I thought it was pretty light on Yanks ...
Posted By: richeydog Re: World Cup - 09/06/04 02:08 AM
in response to:

"2 russians and one american. Don't like Canadian boy's or what? lol Just ribbing ya."

Technically speaking I don't like boys. lol No hard feelings NeverHappy. In all seriousness, aside from steve yzerman(my fav), super joe sakic is exciting to watch even though he is a rival to the Red Wings. Would fit nicely on my team.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: World Cup - 09/07/04 01:21 AM
well, you guys better soak up all this world cup hockey that you can.. word on the street is that the NHL aint gonna get their $hit together with the players union, and they might not have a season this year. i have heard them talking about this since last season, and it looks like they have made no progress.

bigjohn
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: World Cup - 09/07/04 05:19 AM
I grew up with a few guy's who play in the NHL and I think it's a case of both the Union and the League not getting there $hit together. Both have big egos and that never helps!
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: World Cup - 09/09/04 01:54 AM
Canada 5 Slovakia 0

In case you didn't hear it before,
GO CANADA GO!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: World Cup - 09/09/04 02:17 AM
I agree.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: World Cup - 09/09/04 01:24 PM
In reply to:

Canada 5 Slovakia 0

Slovakia???

isnt that a sandwich?? ham on rye??

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: World Cup - 09/09/04 08:53 PM
In reply to:

Slovakia??? isnt that a sandwich??

Yes, it's a sandwich with greasy sausage fingers placed between two extra-thick slices of sarcasm.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: World Cup - 09/09/04 09:14 PM
OUCH!!

i bit my finger....

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: World Cup - 09/09/04 09:15 PM
Isn't it a foot between two pieces of sarcasm?
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: World Cup - 09/12/04 06:31 AM
They got a little lucky tonight but in the end, GO CANADA GO!
Posted By: richeydog Re: World Cup - 09/15/04 03:05 AM
Your boyswon another close game to end the
world hockey championships. Congrats to my neighbors
in the great white north! I hope we dont have to wait
until next yearto see the nhl play again.

Posted By: NeverHappy Re: World Cup - 09/15/04 03:09 AM
Not a bad game at all. Another close game. Well done to Canada for not only winning but going through the entire tournament without a loss. That is something!

As for next year. I doubt we will see hockey. The people making the decisions on both sides from what I have seen are to worried about there egos and not much else.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: World Cup - 09/15/04 08:33 PM
I think Canada's performance really speaks volumes about the depth we have here. To lose arguably the 2 best defencemen (at least consistently) in hockey (Blake, Pronger) and then lose Redden and Jovanovski, they are still able to ice that good of a team! Truly amazing!

Canadians have to feel that we are positioned wonderfully for the future. That was one of the youngest teams in the World Cup and some of the best performances were from the younger players - Thornton, Lecavallier, Richards.....
© Axiom Message Boards