Axiom Home Page
Posted By: scarylarry52 Deftech bp10b versus m60's - 09/08/04 05:31 AM
Hi everybody. I have the chance to buy the bp10b for about $750. I wanted to get some feedback from m60 owners and anyone else that may be familar with both types of speakers. I have not had a chance to hear the m60s yet. Thanks
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Deftech bp10b versus m60's - 09/08/04 01:34 PM
i have never heard the deftechs you are speaking of, but i do know that the M60's are great speakers. stand alone in a 2 channel mode, or used with a full 5.1 or 7.1 HT set-up, these speakers far exceed every expectation i had.

they will not disappoint!!

bigjohn
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Deftech bp10b versus m60's - 09/08/04 03:43 PM
Sorry, but I to have not heard the BP10b's. But like BigJohn, have utterly fallen in love with my M60's. I've listened to a TON of speakers before and after my purchase, and keep going home to my M60's a happy man.

If you have a B&W dealer near you give the 703 towers a listen. That's VERY similar to what the M60's sound like. (at 1/3 the price)

Posted By: simboticus Re: Deftech bp10b versus m60's - 09/08/04 04:27 PM
My Dad has the Def Tech BP10's, and I have the M80ti's, So I can't compare directly to the M60's. THe Bp10's are good speakers, but we both like my Axioms better. The reason I got the Axiom's was so I could "one up" my Dad. I used to have Paradigm Monitor 7's, and the BP10's were noticeably better.

The M80's have better (tighter) bass, I like the imaging better, more of a 3D soundstage, more realistic sounding. The BP10's put out some pretty good bass, so probably the M60's bass output is close to the DEf TEch's. I'd imagine the imaging on the 60 & 80's is about the same.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Deftech bp10b versus m60's - 09/08/04 06:55 PM
I have an ongoing form-factor problem with the DefTech line. I simply cannot abide that big, black fabric sock that passes for a cabinet covering. I live in the real world, which contains children, dogs and other non-Hi-Fi-Friendly organisms. Nobody in my house wants something else to clean.

And I love my M60's
© Axiom Message Boards