Axiom Home Page
.........................your wife decides to clean out stuff from underneath the stairs and she finds an amp you forgot you owned! True story and it happened today. We have a bungalow and since the day we moved in we have used the sapce underneath the stairs going down to the basement as storage. My wife was cleaning it out and came across a Carver TFM-15 in very nice shape. She phones me at work and then it dawns on me that "oh that's what happened to it"

I totally forgot I had it. Came home plugged it in and hell the lights work. Most of you know me and what came next. I had to hook it up. 100 watts a side into 8ohms more or less doubles down to 200 watts a side into 4 ohms and a very nice 135 watts a side into 6 ohms. This little bugger is 280watts when run in mono. Anyway, hooked it up and it works 100%. Lights, meters the whole bit. Nice little amp that is in very nice shape.

Do I have a problem? Have any of you ever lost track of audio gear? :-)
Can't say I have ever lost any audio gear.I lose everything else though.How old would that amp be? I'm suprised you hadn't sold it......you probaby thought you did .So are you going to be looking for a new home for it.I would have to say.................You have a problem,mabye there's a support group that could help.
My wife would probably think I was hiding it from her. I could be wrong though.
I’ve learned a long time ago to not hide stuff like that…. It will come back to haunt me.

I wish I had cool gear all over my place that I forgot about. Nice find.

You have a problem. However, I'm on my way there, as I just can't bring myself to lug my old receivers out to the curb...
they make nice boat anchors Otherwise, you could always go on the antique road show on the PBS network...
No, they need to go away... Far, far away.
I know what you mean, Ken. I've got a 30 year old Phillips turntable that doesn't work. Will someone explain to me why I don't get rid of it? DUH!
Could it be because you forget you had the turntable while trying to find a box to put it in so you can toss it out ?
little off topic, but I still have my Mattel Intellivision with about 30 games. My 5 yr old loves it when he is not watching Star Wars.
I have an old Atari 800. Remember these? It came with 32K of RAM and a tape deck to load and save stuff. I like holding onto audio equipment and the Atari for some unknown reason. It's not like I'm ever going to use the "stuff".

I've got my old TI 99 4A. It's fun to take out once in a blue moon and play those old games again.
Even though I've got about a thousand classical CDs now, I can't bear the thought of parting with my Edison wax cylinders.
That's because they're analog. The sound is warmer, more lifelike.
Ken, you're one of the few who understand. There are those who mindlessly prattle about vinyl but have never listened to wax. If they would approach it with an open mind and just trust their ears the warmth and naturalness would overwhelm them and they could ignore the few minor defects. Recently I had to have a new wax player custom-made and it cost $10,000, but it was worth every penny. Blows away anything designed in the past 100 years.
One of you hit it on the head. I remember how this went on. I bought it and had yet to run it pass the wife. Soon after I got it I had to go out of town for a few weeks so I ditched it under the stairs. Yes I know I should have told her but I will rot in hell later and enjoy my toys now.....:-) Anyway, so I stick it under the stairs go away and when I was away I picked up a Parasound HCA-2205 or something like that. I told the wife and she was fine with it. I come back hook up the Parasound and forgot all about the little Carver till now.

I actually still have it hooked up. Nice little amp but I have my eye on a little something else so I will be moving this one once I find out what the darn things fetch!
© Axiom Message Boards