Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol Looking for theater signs. Any ideas? - 10/23/04 06:06 AM
I have a DTS plaque and a Dolby DIgital plaque. I would love a simple THX plaque to round it off. I also have seen SVS plaques, but I am not sure that I want to spend $65 for one.

Too bad Axiom didn't have one....
Posted By: Ajax Re: Looking for theater signs. Any ideas? - 10/23/04 01:24 PM
Nick, I downloaded mine from here, printed it on my own printer, bought a frame, and VIOLA!. Not as good as getting a REAL sign, but it came out pretty darn good. The above site has a regular THX sign as well as the THX EX.

Posted By: Wid Re: Looking for theater signs. Any ideas? - 10/23/04 01:34 PM
Jack,

Those look pretty darn good to me.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Looking for theater signs. Any ideas? - 10/23/04 01:35 PM
Thank you, wid. It's only the THX sign that I downloaded and printed. The others were purchased on the internet.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Looking for theater signs. Any ideas? - 10/23/04 04:53 PM
http://store.yahoo.net/moviedecor/plaqsigdtsdo.html ------ check this out,call to see if they have what youre looking for
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Looking for theater signs. Any ideas? - 10/24/04 03:49 AM
Here is a site.

http://www.cinematainment.com/e-commerce-solutions-catalog.0.html5.0.html
Posted By: TurboDog1 Re: Looking for theater signs. Any ideas? - 10/24/04 01:41 PM
Thanks for that link Jack. You just saved me some $$$.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Looking for theater signs. Any ideas? - 10/24/04 03:26 PM
My Pleasure. If you use the best settings on your printer for photos, and print them (it) on photo paper, they (it) really come(s) out pretty good. Before you print them (it), I suggest you find the frame(s) you want to use, and be sure to size the posters so they fit the frame well.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Looking for theater signs. Any ideas? - 10/24/04 10:33 PM
Those are great... Now I just need an SVS one...

Posted By: nickbuol Re: Looking for theater signs. Any ideas? - 10/25/04 04:15 AM
I took his THX signs and modified them a little. These are low quality (about 50 Kb in size) compared to the full files (6 MB in size)...

I've contacted SVS looking for a nice copy of their logo, but we will have to wait and see...

© Axiom Message Boards