Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson How many members are here? - 10/24/04 09:04 PM
Count off!

No, stop it... I'm only kidding!

But I am curious what the estimate is for the number of people here that would be considered "regulars". The count on the main page says 2700 members, but i have to believe many of them have moved on. Seem to me like there's 30 or so hardcore members, with maybe another 30~40 "sometime posters". And I suspect there's 100 or so that mostly lurk with only a rare post.

Sound about right?
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 09:34 PM
I would agree more or less with your numbers. I'm not a regular here by the way. Nobody invited me and they want me to leave I just can't find my way out!
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 09:36 PM
Am I one of the 30 or so "hardcore" members? lol.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 09:38 PM
I dunno, you've got less than 500 posts.
Posted By: dmn23 Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 09:44 PM
138 posts - I'd say that makes me a regular, but far from hardcore. I check the board at least once or twice a day, though. Does that count?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 09:46 PM
Once or twice?! Amateur.
Posted By: dmn23 Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 09:51 PM
2,639??? AAARRRRRGGGHHH!!! I'm not worthy!!!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 09:52 PM
That's ok, a good 2400 of them are useless jabber, much like this post.

Plus, I've been around here a little longer than you.

{edit} oh, wait, no I haven't. You're a slacker!
Posted By: dmn23 Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 09:55 PM
Ha! 141!!!
Posted By: dmn23 Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 10:12 PM
In reply to:

You're a slacker!

You have no idea...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 10:42 PM
Nicely done.

but your avatar here is dead now!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 10:48 PM
I've been here for a while.
Posted By: Wegiz Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 11:34 PM
I fairly new here, and only recently started posting. I do read the forums once or twice a day though. I've found it a valuable source of info as well as entertainment. The signal (info/entertainment) to noise (trolls/spam) ratio is pretty high too!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 11:46 PM
The trolls love it here. It can be entertaining though.....
Posted By: Wid Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 11:49 PM
This makes #500 for me.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: How many members are here? - 10/24/04 11:56 PM
Time fly's when you’re having fun! I'm right there with you on the count.
Posted By: Wid Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 12:09 AM
Tom,

But I've been around longer
Posted By: BBIBH Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 12:29 AM
My registered on date says: Registered on 01/10/02 09:15 PM

I may not post as much as I did, but I read most of the posts. I tend to stay away from getting into the discussions, even though I have strong opinions.

I also am probably the first member to visit Axiom (approx. 1990 - still looking for my photo's), and purchased the product (AX3's) when Axiom had a retail presence in 1989......
Posted By: Ray3 Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 12:34 AM
Well - the timing on this thread is interesting. This is post #1,000. Boy, time flies. I also notice my typing fingers are shorter now than they were at post #14.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 01:08 AM
It seems that there should be a designation for 500 and 1,000 posts...

"Master of the Domain" or "Jedi Master" maybe? Guru? Axiom Addict? Oh wait.... I'm using that one!
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 01:50 AM
I totally agree . I think arrogant bastard might be too harsh.

Joking of course.
Posted By: Lexxen Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 02:04 AM
I'd consider myself a "regular member" on this board -- of course I've only been here a few short weeks but I find myuself checking the boards 3-6 times a day while I should probably be doing homework...I can't wait for my speakers (ordering them next week, hopefully!! YAY!) so I have to substitute the boards for listening to them...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 04:35 AM
Oh, I think you should get Arrogant Bastard after you pass 2500 posts. Either that or Obsessive/Compulsive. Or Annoying Person Everyone Wishes Would Go Away.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 09:55 PM
Hey! At 3893 posts, I resemble that remark!
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 09:57 PM
Hey...as of a few seconds ago, I had measley 288 posts...but I am here...

I try to help when I can but defer more often than not to those with the experience.

I check the forum often from work during the day...as long as they have not catagorized it...yet...the SPOT and HTF went away recently.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: dmn23 Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 10:27 PM
In reply to:

I try to help when I can but defer more often than not to those with the experience.

I know what you mean. But there's a perverse voyeuristic element that's really addictive, too. A bit like slowing down as you drive by a car wreck. You don't want to read them all, but you just can't help it.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 11:17 PM
A good marking could be:

1-100 posts- Rookie
101-250- Slight annoyance
251-1000- Think they know it all
1001-1500- Pain in the A##
1500+ - Got Life?

At 184 I have my eyes set on 'Think they know it all"

I think one of the most entertaining thing about this site is when two people get into a serious arguement about something. It is funny to watch the "crew" chime in from time to time to get the blood boiling again. Almost like a circle around a fight, you don't like to watch but you can never seem to take your eyes off of it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 11:35 PM
At almost 4000 posts, I'm at "Existence is so tightly interwoven with Axiom Forum that separation may cause death"

And yet I somehow find time to lead a relatively normal life.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 11:42 PM
Peter, I'm pretty sure that Ken was thinking specifically of you when composing those titles. j/k

This is a good place, with smart, funny people. Virtually everyone is treated with dignity and respect, until they prove they don't deserve it. I check several times a day, even though my energy level to respond is often lacking. I yearn for somebody to maintain more robust FAQs. I appreciate the tremendous body of knowledge that is stored here. I routinely count on the generosity and advice of forum members for things unrelated to audio. I appreciate the several friendships kindled here, and eagerly anticipate opportunities to meet many of you.

I have too little time for multiple online "homes". This is where I choose to reside. That choice is a testament to my profound respect for the other contributors.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: How many members are here? - 10/25/04 11:58 PM
Actually, I was thinking of myself. The fact I insulted Peter was a bonus!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 12:12 AM
i guess i am an official 'regular' now.. i remember posting a while back that it would take me several years to get my posts over 2000. well, here it is october(9 months later) and i have 1500.

my.. time flies when you are having fun!!

bigjohn
Posted By: Daphoid Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 01:14 AM
I'm hardcore, man I have Axiom's in my room before actual flooring!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 05:18 AM
Post #2808...another nut job here. While at work I must check in at least a dozen times...likely more. Every once in awhile work gets in the way of my posting/viewing and I may disappear for a week or two at a time. Believe me, I don't like when that happens. I remember the good old days when Peter and I were running neck and neck with our posting numbers. Then he just kicked it into another gear and left me in his dust. *sigh*

BTW...time to plug my latest venture...go see "The Polar Express" in IMAX. The 35mm screens will only be showing it in 2D, but in IMAX we made it 3D. The images are pretty spectacular.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 05:43 AM
Hey, has Spidey 2 come and gone on IMAX? I'm terrible about keeping up with movies...
Posted By: bray Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 06:29 AM
When I turn "addict", I may go missing.

Na.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 01:55 PM
I also check these forums 12-15x a day. I guess being self-employed and having the "Axiom Itch" is not a good combination!

How many members start dropping off after they receive their Axioms? Getting back to my original question, there obviously aren't 2700 people here, but I see "newest members" joining all the time. Do many drift off a week or a month after receiving their speakers?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 02:57 PM
In reply to:

Do many drift off a week or a month after receiving their speakers?

yes, many drifters.. usually, someone will come in with tons of questions on speakers or receivers, trying to decide what to buy.. then you get a message that they finally 'pulled the trigger',and then the, 'axioms arrived' post. we can share in their excitement thru the whole process, cause it reminds us of the excitement we felt when we all first ordered ours.. then, they will have afew set-up questions, and then maybe some pics, and initial thoughts of how they sound.. then they are gone.....

thats usually how it happens. and theres nothing wrong with that.. usually, a few new ones will hang around.. you are one, mdrew, bray, denverbob, and a few others.. very few become 'addicts', but most still pop in every once and a while..

so goes it with internet relationships..

bigjohn
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 03:49 PM
"usually, a few new ones will hang around.. you are one,"

Ummmm, actually, my speakers haven't come in yet. Once they're actually here, I can hear them instead of hearing ABOUT them. You guys will all be history.

Posted By: lomb7 Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 06:30 PM
What and miss out on that great pic you have for a avatar?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 06:50 PM
Spider-Man 2 may be playing in some IMAX theaters still, but yeah, you basically missed that one. (Try and keep up, eh?)

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 07:06 PM
"What and miss out on that great pic you have for a avatar?"

I guess I need to come up with something else, huh? Everybody keeps raggin' on me about my avatar, man. Like, it's soooo uncool. "Whatever"!

The Modern James Dean: "Rebel without an Axiom"

Posted By: dmn23 Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 07:25 PM
I don't know about "uncool", but it is a little creepy...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 09:21 PM
It's a gift.
Posted By: bray Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 10:03 PM
I look just like that after 10 cups of coffee. Maybe 20.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 10:24 PM
Photoshop is a wonderful bit 'O software. In real life, I'm stunningly handsome.
Posted By: bray Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 10:27 PM
I"ve worked in photoshop for 10+ years, and still find new things it can do.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 10:40 PM
Pinch and Spherize still get the best mileage.

Posted By: James_T Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 10:45 PM
That looks like Al from Home improvment after an 8ball of meth.

jr
Posted By: pmbuko Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 11:02 PM
What does this look like then?

Posted By: Ken.C Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 11:07 PM
A really frightening child.

On the other hand (so to speak) his little handprints in the dust on top of my sub are really cute.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 11:10 PM

Posted By: Ken.C Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 11:13 PM
Aha! Now I have another excuse not to clean house.
Posted By: James_T Re: How many members are here? - 10/26/04 11:39 PM
Have you seen any of the promos for "the Grudge"? There is a little kid that looks creepy like that. He sounds like a cat in heat.

Not to dis your son. I'm just saying...
On that note, ever see Pet Cemetery? At the end when the son is back and he is trying to kill dad (all blue/grey corpselike). He looked exactly like my little brother. Very very creepy.

jr
Posted By: dmn23 Re: How many members are here? - 10/27/04 12:07 AM
Funny...I spent a large part of the late 80s and well into the 90s with that exact same look on my face...
Posted By: bigjohn Re: How many members are here? - 10/27/04 01:39 PM
ya'll gotta stop with these creepy pics.. my wife walked by the monitor last night, and almost fell down..

she still thinks dj stunna has the best avatar.. i was almost gonna change mine to a picture, but i dont want you guys to make me look all creepy and stuff..

bigjohn
© Axiom Message Boards