Axiom Home Page
Posted By: curtis stopped at Barnes & Noble... - 10/27/04 07:36 PM
I was in Barnes & Noble the other night and picked up a couple of discs that I like a lot after sampling them.

Ron Sexsmith - Retriever
K.D. Lang - Hymns of the 49th Parallel

If you get out to do some listening....give them a spin.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: stopped at Barnes & Noble... - 10/27/04 08:15 PM
i really like KD langs voice.. its solid, yet silky.. i might have to give that a listen to..

BTW- i laugh every time i talk about her, so i am gonna go off topic here a little.. did anyone else find it as funny as me when it was made such a big deal, when she "came-out"? same with melissa etheridge?? i mean, i could care less, but everyone seemes SO surprised, and acted like it was this huge deal. the way i look at it.. how could you NOT look at them, especially KD, and not know.

bottomline is, talent is talent.. regardless of sexual orientation. either you like it, or you dont.. but it doesnt need to be classified as 'lesbian' music, or 'non-lesbian' music??

bigjohn
Posted By: spiffnme Re: stopped at Barnes & Noble... - 10/27/04 08:43 PM
Yep...she has an amazing voice. Her album "Drag" is pretty cool. Lot's of nice covers.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: stopped at Barnes & Noble... - 10/27/04 09:34 PM
Reminds me of something my mom said when she heard an Indigo Girls CD my sister had bought, "How can you buy that CD and support their lifesyle?"

This apple fell far from the tree.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: stopped at Barnes & Noble... - 10/27/04 09:37 PM
Just a little....
Posted By: Ajax Re: stopped at Barnes & Noble... - 10/27/04 09:46 PM
In reply to:

Yep...she has an amazing voice. Her album "Drag" is pretty cool. Lot's of nice covers.

A voice to die for. I've been a fan since before she "came out."

I've got a Tony Bennett DVD concert, and she comes on stage and does 3 songs with him. I assume all 3 are on the "A Wonderful World" CD they did together. Their voices blend beautifully. I hope some day she does a whole CD of standards from the 1930s and 1940s. She could do them sooooooooooo well.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: stopped at Barnes & Noble... - 10/27/04 09:54 PM
I downloaded an mp3 of her with Tony Bennett...blanking on the name of the song now, but it was wonderful.

Posted By: leaf Re: stopped at Barnes & Noble... - 10/28/04 02:00 AM
She came out!!!
[faint]
© Axiom Message Boards