Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Hmmm... - 10/27/04 11:56 PM
I came across this old ad online. Same name...same model numbers...any connection or...?

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Hmmm... - 10/27/04 11:58 PM
creepy..

bigjohn
Posted By: Wid Re: Hmmm... - 10/28/04 12:01 AM
Wow that is a little freaky.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Hmmm... - 10/28/04 01:06 AM
No direct connection, Craig, and I suppose none at all unless when Ian was a child(those Goodman's are from about 40 years ago)the name and numbers made an indelible impression on him.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hmmm... - 10/28/04 01:06 AM
I wonder which Axiom really has the trademark?

That is spooky Bigjohn...

Posted By: bridgman Re: Hmmm... - 10/28/04 02:11 AM
Do an eBay search for "Axiom", you'll see lots of these old speakers on sale. Seems like they were pretty well regarded... like those more recent KEF units where the tweeter is built into the voice coil space. Same idea except no separate tweeter, just two cones on the same voice coil.

The 12" speaker weighs 18 pounds... pretty substantial.
Posted By: LT61 Re: Hmmm... - 10/28/04 01:22 PM
That may not be legally possible.......perhaps another member can give some pro-bono legal info on that.
Also the dictionary says.... AXIOM: "a self evident, or universally recognized truth...etc.(it's not just a "made up" name).
Finally...the people that make the Isuzu Axiom car may object.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hmmm... - 10/28/04 03:06 PM
I know I've seen these oldies on Ebay quite often. What really made me take note this time was the model numbers. 22, 150 and 80...

Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Hmmm... - 10/28/04 03:48 PM
Many times I have looked on ebay for Axiom speakers and have come up wtih those. Very nice find on getting the brochure! I haven't seen one of those yet.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Hmmm... - 10/28/04 11:08 PM
Larry, a trademark registered with the Patent and Trademark Office is protected for 10 years and applications can be filed to extend the duration of protection for successive 10 year periods if the trademark is still in active use. I haven't done any exhaustive research on the point, but my impression is that Goodmans stopped making the Axiom speakers something like 30 years ago. If this is the case their trademark protection would have expired at least 20 years ago. Incidentally, the protection only extends to situations which might mislead or confuse the consumer, so there'd be no problem created by the use of Axiom to describe a car while it was also used to describe a loudspeaker.
Posted By: LT61 Re: Hmmm... - 10/29/04 02:26 PM
The knowledge of this forum "collective" is awesome.............
thanks.
© Axiom Message Boards